+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Middlesbrough v The Mighty Blades

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    I did,after the formation was changed,and Samir Billy Freeman went off.

Boro's wingbacks were far superior to ours,Friend and Christie so much pace and power.
    Samir can't get away with performances like that and keep his place in the team - he has to offer more and keep hold of the ball. Duffy looked better when he came on.

Still can't work out what the goal was wiped out for............agree that we finished the game strongly and were the better team at the end. Boro ok - solid - nothing special or exciting IMHO. We need to take a step up. Some players got found out today and need to raise their game............interested to see if any further purchases are made now.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    They were better but it doesn't disguise the fact keeper was at fault for the goal or the fact we should have got a point but for a Lino that can't do his job. We'll do ok in this div if officials do their job correctly
    Don't agree Bully. Bash played their two forwards onside, when he could easily have played them off, then compounded that with a bad header. One of those things, but definitely down to Bash IMO.

And what about that linesman giving Freeman offside when he was clearly about 5 yards on! He obviously doesn't like us.

Hard to believe, I know, that someone out there doesn't like us - but he obviously didn't.

Sky showing 2 views with a full picture showing the the full width & O'Connell offside BEFORE the ball is kicked but moves back into line AS the ball is kicked as the moving picture shows.

2nd picture is a static one taken in line with the incident showing him stood offside and saying that proves it was a correct decision.

Well, no it doesn't , it only proves he was stood offside BEFORE the ball was back in play

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Do you need the chisel Ron ?
    No thanks B. Just managed it with my gardener's bolt cutters and chainsaw.
    After 200 hundred days - it's a wonderful, liberated feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Sky showing 2 views with a full picture showing the the full width & O'Connell offside BEFORE the ball is kicked but moves back into line AS the ball is kicked as the moving picture shows.

2nd picture is a static one taken in line with the incident showing him stood offside and saying that proves it was a correct decision.

Well, no it doesn't , it only proves he was stood offside BEFORE the ball was back in play
    Oh god - can't they just admit it was a bad decision............cos it was.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    But would you have come and cleared the lot out or stayed on your line GB?
    I'd have stayed on my line TT...and still miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Oh god - can't they just admit it was a bad decision............cos it was.
    They were saying that the static pic was taken as the ball was kicked.

If you watch the video clip it clearly shows he moved back onside so the static pic is , to say the least, misleading, or, to tell the truth, wrong as it mustt be taken BEFORE the ball was kicked.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out as bad as Rob Styles' decision last time we were promoted

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I'd have stayed on my line TT...and still miss it.
    No way, easy catch for a competent keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    I bet Mrs Waldock has them in the bin already Ronnie, triple wrapped and has put a nice new pair of red Marks and Spencer's finest waiting on the airer.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast