+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An absolute disgrace

Red all day long, you can't react like that. Will it be a 2 match league ban or 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    Red all day long, you can't react like that. Will it be a 2 match league ban or 3?
    I think violent conduct is 3 match ban now

Am just glad Fraser had a good impact when he came on and got us a winner as we were looking dodgy at the back and being stretched before we got the goal

It was massive to win and Fraser did do great coming on

Mcmullan does need to learn.

After goal though every time he touched it they had the tactic to foul him. I thought is the ref going to do anything. Obvious they were targeting him. Ref did not act until too late.

McM's fault to do the indefensible but can't ignore that before then they were at it

LS you're right. they were targetting mcmullin and he was getting fouled just about every time he skinned a player. they recognised early the threat he posed and and got the outcome they wanted. like i said earlier if he'd screwed the nut and walked away, the right back was going to be red carded probably for persistant fouling. he has now made himself an even bigger target for the thugs in this league who will all be out to wind him up. this is where ray has to have a word and mcmullin has to realise that this will happen and not react. luggy used to be booted all over the park but the only time i seen him react was at paisley when he turned round and whacked someone.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    LS you're right. they were targetting mcmullin and he was getting fouled just about every time he skinned a player. they recognised early the threat he posed and and got the outcome they wanted. like i said earlier if he'd screwed the nut and walked away, the right back was going to be red carded probably for persistant fouling. he has now made himself an even bigger target for the thugs in this league who will all be out to wind him up. this is where ray has to have a word and mcmullin has to realise that this will happen and not react. luggy used to be booted all over the park but the only time i seen him react was at paisley when he turned round and whacked someone.
    Judging by last week and this week maybe this is something the players are going to have to get used to

Agreed. Sad but true. Can expect even more rough treatment now they think he can get riled.

Old firm media meanwhile will only tarnish our lads if they react to all the provocation.

On the plus side McM been brillliant otherwise so far.

Forward players been showing got what it takes to break down teams that sit back with ease and get the wins every week we need

I could not see from the ETL clearly what McM did, other than a magical nutmeg and then the lumbering number 2 hauling back at him. This is in the context of this hammer throwing full back knowing McM had his number and he had already seen his team mate number 14 take McM out level with the 18 yard box with no consequence from that referee. I'm happy to have stood and applauded McM off, coz in him, I see everything I did not see in the last 30 months at Dundee United. And in the likes of him, Keatings and Stanton, I see a "Ray" of light. And for the SFA and their sh1tey referees and their corrupt supervisors, you are part of the problem as to why Scotland is not even a third rate European futba nation now.

The more skillful,inventive players we sign we are going to be the target for the niggles, fouling ,off the ball incidents .We have got to rise above this, Hope Mcmullen has learnt his lesson and hope his reaction wont be so instinctive next time. Possible a wee wink or blow a wee kiss just tae wind them up a wee bit more,That'll annoy them even more than swinging a fist and gettin a red
    Just a warning to the rest of the troops to not rise to the bait
    We must be professional in the way we handle the intimidation and if we do it properly it will infuriate the opposition so lets play good passing football and finding ball to feet
    Do this and we will tear any team in our league apart
    Only thing we have to worry about is our Managers tactical prowness

Our manager's tactics won a game against a decent site today, even though we only had 10 men for most of it. Can't believe RM is getting stick tonight.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 12-08-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Our manager's tactics won a game against a decent site today, even though we only had 10 men for most of it. Can't believe RM is getting stick tonight.
    Bit early to jump in on that there TTT! Only seen one negative comment towards Ray tonight so hardly cause for concern!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)