+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An absolute disgrace

Queen of the South are Championship mercenaries who have campaigned in this league for seasons and have been a thorn in many teams sides ,We stood off them and gave them too much space ,From the word go we have the capacity to harass ,close down and frustrate opposition and this game was a prime example what we didnt do it
    From kick off we should have went at them 110% ,that would have unsettled their flow and caught them unaware ,instead we carried the game at the pace they wanted it to go at
    The lads should have been fired up for this but if you cant fire them up for the first home game of the season What more can ye say

Would rather have cool, calm, collected, McMullan excepted and a win with 10 men all season long. Hammer and tongs football should be left to those that need to play it. I would rather see us holding our own with the wee bits of class on show today,

We need to be unpredictable,With the squad that's been put together we have the ability to achieve this with the options we have at hand ,N'Koyl hasnt been yet brought into the equation , could he be our target man we are lacking
    Next two games should be win/win then lets see what our away approach is.
    Opposition were predicting our play but now our starting line up can have several configurations , Hope we have built a happy gelled squad who plays for each other and appreciate the honour of the tangerine (or brown offering this season)and black strip

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    Queen of the South are Championship mercenaries who have campaigned in this league for seasons and have been a thorn in many teams sides ,We stood off them and gave them too much space ,From the word go we have the capacity to harass ,close down and frustrate opposition and this game was a prime example what we didnt do it
    From kick off we should have went at them 110% ,that would have unsettled their flow and caught them unaware ,instead we carried the game at the pace they wanted it to go at
    The lads should have been fired up for this but if you cant fire them up for the first home game of the season What more can ye say
    I concur with this.

Great as it was to get the result, the general tone was slow, lackadaisical and lazy, carrying a general feeling of a pre season friendly.

I generally felt that the team wasn't giving 100% (and this was before the sending off) , which they may say is harsh, but was the impression that I got. I kinda felt they were waiting for things to happen, rather than making them happen. Let's be honest, hand on heart, how much did their keeper have to do?

Delighted to get the result, yes, but much , much work still to do...........

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Would rather have cool, calm, collected, McMullan excepted and a win with 10 men all season long. Hammer and tongs football should be left to those that need to play it. I would rather see us holding our own with the wee bits of class on show today,
    Well done Chick, at least someone can spell his name correctly 😂

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I concur with this.

Great as it was to get the result, the general tone was slow, lackadaisical and lazy, carrying a general feeling of a pre season friendly.

I generally felt that the team wasn't giving 100% (and this was before the sending off) , which they may say is harsh, but was the impression that I got. I kinda felt they were waiting for things to happen, rather than making them happen. Let's be honest, hand on heart, how much did their keeper have to do?

Im gonna cut em some slack on that showing with it being the 3rd game in a week this early in the season. But McMullan, Robson, Stanton and to an extent King were all trying things to make the breakthrough. On another day, the early Robson shot goes in, McMullan stays on and we hammer a team like QotS by 4 or 5!

At least 3 of the team today were not fully match fit and they still need the time to gel.

No getting any stick from me , binned 4-2-3-1 , that will do for starters

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I concur with this.

You are right about the feeling of being a pre-season but rather than blaming the players for this we should look much closer to home. As supporters we were awful today. First home game of the season on the back of winning our first game and it was like being in a library. Think we should not blast any player for performance, energy or appetite if we as arabs are letting the team down badly.
    As for McMullen being sent off I agree with most of the people on here. It was a stupid reaction which let his team mates down. I reckon this league could be won by a very small margin so every point is *****. Hi team mates dug him out a very big hole and he has now made a huge target for himself. Other teams will say get in about him as he will react. Clearly a talented player - let's hope he learns soon. Perhaps that could be a role for MacDonald

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    Personally I think most of this is his biased dross. You clearly don't like RM and aren't prepared to give him any credit.

Have to give him credit when it's due, He's going with proper formation and giving us players who offer attacking width and brought in players to capitalise on the cross balls they deliver
    We have an abundance of midfield options and now with Quinn being brought in here's hoping our defensive discrepancies can now be addressed
    All he needs to do now is get his homework done on the opposition and put the proper team on the park for the game
    We havnt had so many decent players competing for places in a starting line up for a few seasons

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)