+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruce is a dead man walking.

Add to all that the fuss Bruce has made of MacCormack missing training, Well, I have to ask what did he actually miss, coming over all prim and proper and being responsible for a team and tactics so poor is now making him totally inept, he keeps going on about a striker but we already have one who in my humble opinion has not been given a chance, hopefully when David Moyes comes in as a snap panic managerial change, being a fellow scot will actually give him a chance.

If he were to go who who we replace him with? He's actually got a great record in this league and if he can't turn us around I don't know who can. We have tried young and old, foreign, English, Irish and the dreaded Scottish. One thing we haven't tried is consistency and I personally would like to give that a go. As long as he doesn't get us relegated I'd give Bruce at least three years. I've put up with an underachieving club for over fifty years (bar the amazing early eighties) so I can do a few more if needs be.

I also don't want any more signings. We actually have some very good players. They just need gelling into a competitive team.

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Yubby no one is saying it was strictly down to Hutton & Agbonlahor the unavoidable facts remain:

However hard Hutton works, he is culpable of single-handedly breaking up more attacks than our opponents as he gifts the ball to the opposition 95% of the time

Bruce must consider Lambert, Sherwood, Remi Garde, & Di Matteo were all mistaken with their professional assessments on Mr Aston Villa

The guys stats over the past 6 ˝ seasons corroborate Gabby is a dud with a capital D

What position does he play in? Is he effective on the ball ?

I presume Bruce’s instructions “ Today Gabby just — go out and run around on the pitch aimlessly “

The inescapable facts are while ever Mr Bruce has playing we ain't never ever gonna progress

Freer all I am saying is in 6 games we will have a real idea on game formation, tactics, new players, how the team gels. So for me not time to call off with his head.

BUT all concern do need to start to feel the heat cause 1 point from 2 is not a good start.

As ever AVFC never fail to disappoint, I didn't catch the result until later on yesterday and was flippin' glad of that as it ruined what was left of the day, I too heeded Lefty's cooling off comments before coming on here. Bruce often talks of the malaise in recent years but this is now HIS team, nearly 5,000 fans spent their hard earned to go and support them, what they got was a wholesale lack of commitment - unforegivable, and really worrying.

How do we end up with Hogan and McCormack, both prolific at their former clubs & repaying nothing of the massive investment from Dr Xia? How with such a defensive approach to games to we allow the goal to be peppered, Warnock done a number on us again or can our lot just not be bothered?

Already feels like we've no positives, thank f@!% the next game's around the corner - football eh!

WCV

The football in the championship is not pretty and is completely different to the premier. We have a not very pretty manager and we are playing not very pretty football. There are 136 points still available this season and if Steve Bruce can't get us up then we must be cursed

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    The football in the championship is not pretty and is completely different to the premier. We have a not very pretty manager and we are playing not very pretty football. There are 136 points still available this season and if Steve Bruce can't get us up then we must be cursed
    Well Ive just watched all the highlights from the EFL on TV and we are just NOT at it like other clubs, they seem to have a bunch on nobody's BUT they all play as a team and battle like crazy, this along with Bruce's lack of ability to read and then change a game is the worrying thing for me! We lost a winger and replaced him with another winger so how come this upset the balance of the team, Bull.

One manager took my eye Yesterday and showed just what Bruce is missing, Mick McCarthy saw his team going down 1-0, what did he do? he changed the formation and brought on two subs in the 2nd half and guess what, they both scored and they won 2-1. That's how to do it!!! For Bruce to use Elmo's injury as an excuse for that debacle is complete tosh, we were already a goal down and chasing the game. Hogan should be given shooting practice, how many 1 on 1's does he need before he scores, we have to get sharper in front of goal.

Are we missing Koj and this morning I hear Everton are sniffing, would not surprize me if he goes!!

No way am I calling for SB’s head, just that he wakes up and smell the proverbials. He says the squad needs rattling, sorry Steve it’s YOU who needs rattling. Open your eyes, Gabby is sh1te and has been for years. Even if/when he scores, that’s it, feet up, with the occasional, embarrassing, fumbling, rash challenge. Why can’t he use a goal as a springboard to further goals/assists/contributions? Hutton is an appalling footballer, not a bad person, not a demon, just appalling at football. I don’t hate the two aforementioned ‘players’, or wish them any ill, I just want the manager to STOP picking them to start.
    Bongo and Yubbs, no panic at my end lads, just frustration and disbelief at team selection.
    We all have opinions; Bongo likes Gabby, Yubbs likes David and Dave likes Hutton. Everyone’s OPINION are valid as fans, however SB’s opinions are his job and his decisions are costing the club. He needs to look at himself and his opinions and decisions. In any other workplace this could be considered as a 1st verbal warning, not a final written warning.
    Bruce is a proven successful promotion gaining manager, and now by his own admission, is in the biggest job in his managerial career. So step up Steve, wake up Steve and show your worth.

I smell humble pie for steve Bruce. Ross Mac in the u23s tonight to help him gain match fitness, maybe Bruce has realised just how **** gabby and hogan are and is having an 11th hour rethink?

I don't have a clue who to replace Bruce with. My choices are all now back in the Premier league so we wouldn't stand a chance of getting them, which means going back to the tired old roulette wheel to see who comes up to be recycled. I think Xia should monitor the Newcastle situation and if the fat Spanish Waiter walks grab him and fire Bruce as soon as you get a verbal.

Oh no not sack the manager two games in. I don't recall too many complaining of his appointment and are we forgetting at one stage we were in real danger of slipping into relegation. Again. He's a bit dour tactically but I believe he did a good job in a team and management seemingly hard set in a negative mindset and lack of belief. We keep turning over managers like changing bed sheets. How many now since MoN left? Feels like a hundred. It doesn't work. We need to stick to a manager even if we have a rubbish season. We are going to have to fight and graft our way out of here like everyone else. .....but anyway

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)