+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bruce is a dead man walking.

Now then Dazza Villingham, hows things eh matey ? lol. Whats the good doctor Joseph Venglos doing these days!!

Hey Villa's Ive brought this subject up on here a few times in this last year or so, (and I will ask again) can you make such a negative view after just 2 games into a 46 game season ?. And more importantly, is it such a bad thing even if you don't go up again this season ?.
    I/we do say similar negative things because we knew it was going to be a relegation struggle, and once again this question comes down to hopes and expectations.

Spot on Oz and Acido

Spot on Acido! 135 points left to play for, played Hull and Cardiff and got a point but could have been 3. We went on a mini run of wins last year. I don't know what the stats say but I can't ever imagine any championship side would go more than half a dozen games without losing.

Like I said - if Steve Bruce can't get us up then there must be a curse left on the club by MON's gran or something.

So long as we are not in danger of relegation then I'd give Bruce at least 2 full seasons, maybe 3.

His selection of Gabby and Hutton frustrates us but we aren't watching them in training. And actually the link up between Hutton and elmo was quite exciting against hull.

And I agree with whether we want to go up. I'd rather be in the championship and build a special team. The premier offers nothing to me personally. I don't care about the money. OK it's always good to be in the top flight for the kudos but there would have to be a tidal shift for villa to be competitive and winning trophies or getting champs league footy

Firstly I'm not turning but I cannot help but think what excuse Brush will come up with IF we lose tonight. Granted if we won then he should milk it.maybe I am suffering PTSD from the last 6 years of false hope let downs and watching utter garbage.
    I need rehabilitating and a win tonight will go some way to doing this, lose and I could drop out of society!!

That's Bruce.....

.......unless he tries to sweep the next defeat under the carpet

Sorry, but the Championship is like being in outer space when you live in the States. The past 2 seasons every match in the Prem was shown with the exception of a few games you had to stream. Now they've taken away all that and if you don't want to watch the premium games you have to pay, so Burnley and Huddersfield will be only shown if they are playing the big 6 or they actually stay at the top.

Meanwhile the Championship went from 3 games per weekend to zero.

I didn't want Bruce as manager but accepted it as safe, but despite a few wins that RDM couldn't get us we began to go from losing by the odd goal or drawing under him after hitting the post ump**** times to getting slaughtered at Brentford and at home to Barnsley and now Cardiff.

We were bad under RDM. We are dreadful under Bruce.

He needs to turn it around starting tonight. A loss isn't the end of the world but to be dire and lose is. Someone on here compared us and our so called better players vs Cardiff to Chelsea vs Burnley. Well, I watched Chelsea vs Burnley and Chelsea's players only crime was arrogance to continue playing the same style with 10 men, but their manger tweaked things and they even scored with 9 men on the field. Give me that want to attitude to win or at least make a game of it and we're good.

"Hard work will beat talent if talent doesn't work hard". Josh Onomah.

Something just is not right at Villa but what I do know this game was supposed to be a reaction to the debacle from Cardiff, we are 2 down already and looking even worse that that display tonight.

Sacked in the morning.......

Still the same. We have no room to pass when we have the ball, it's like we are on Gresty Rd Crewe then Reading gets the ball and it looks like Wembley Stadium. Second half and Stam has adjusted and Bruce has done sweet FA

No wait, we got to go for it now and yesss Bruce makes a change, Hutton is on....I bet Ross Mac is pi55ing himself now. Bruce you tw4t.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)