+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Southend United Post Match Thoughts

Fair play Miller's you have a good team there. It's possibly the worst performance of any Southend side I have seen. Perhaps only Carlisle away in 1998 which was also a 5-0 defeat. Take nothing away from your boys though. Played some cracking football and gave us nothing to work with. Applauded your 3rd goal which was class.

We still have injuries and key players out but even With a fully fit squad we would have struggled. My only gripe was the ref who gave many free kicks your way and next to nothing ours, but that's life.

I'm sure Phil Brown will get the boys fired up and possibly make a few more signings.

All the best for the season. Hopefully the real Southend will turn up for the roots hall return.

Quote Originally Posted by shrimperama View Post
    Fair play Miller's you have a good team there. It's possibly the worst performance of any Southend side I have seen. Perhaps only Carlisle away in 1998 which was also a 5-0 defeat. Take nothing away from your boys though. Played some cracking football and gave us nothing to work with. Applauded your 3rd goal which was class.

We still have injuries and key players out but even With a fully fit squad we would have struggled. My only gripe was the ref who gave many free kicks your way and next to nothing ours, but that's life.

I'm sure Phil Brown will get the boys fired up and possibly make a few more signings.

All the best for the season. Hopefully the real Southend will turn up for the roots hall return.
    Ferdinand is stealing a wage. A past it donkey.

Anyone watch channel 5 highlights? Most have us to go down again, we win Southend 5-0 and they can't even be borthered to talk about it.

Shove it

The ref did make a few head scratching decision but when your the loosing side the mistakes are even more frustrating..
    Btw the higher up the league's you go the STD stays the same. In 3 seasons you could count on both hands the decent refs. I know in saufend that's 11 but to the rest of the country it's not as many 😋

Let's see how we go at Peterbora. Williams: he's a fair weather player. If Peterbora are any good we'll need some thinking about the side. Side out against Southend was a ultra attaching side. Will it work away from home against a good side? Only need one change to make it more solid. Vaulks for Williams. Would like a proper signing, a midfielder. Can Potter & Frecks keep going?

Peterborough have started well and I think it's going to be an even Stevens game.
    Williams (like I keep saying) isn't ready for 90 min games but when he is I'm expecting him to start every game because he can do the job Taylor does but can keep the ball/cross the ball better

GWRU, how come you know so much about Williams? Are you his wicked uncle?

Speaking of relations; if Vaulks isn't married, you could always try to adopt him as you clearly love him so much.

Nearly all your posts contain double negatives. Is this a case of poor schooling or do you do it deliberately so that in a sense you're never wrong?

You seem incredibly grumpy over the last few months. Is this because you've been missing your NH so much that you tried backing winners on the FLAT? Don't! It's too sophisticated for you.

Your best attribute? You keep your posts nice and short unlike IBJ who has a few decent points to make in among the egotistical ramblings. If he ever wrote a novel it would come out at something like 900 pages,800 of which would be superfluous.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910