+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Southend United Post Match Thoughts

I cant remember a start like that..we seemed to have 20 players on the pitch..a team possessed..what was williams on? all over the pitch and makes fantastic runs on goal..
    I bet kempo's chewing his tongue..

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    That's the trouble with loan players being good, they could stay for season (don't think Ipswich will recall unless a player is out) they could go back in January and sent to another club (Izzy Brown)

I've been more impressed with Moore than Proctor (Warney's fav) since I've seen them play but still it's early let's just keep them fit and Frecks
    I think that Moore and Proctor compliment each other. However, Proctor had a hand in 4 of the goals and the pass to Moore that set up the 5th goal was superb. They both worked their socks off. In fact they all did.

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    I think that Moore and Proctor compliment each other. However, Proctor had a hand in 4 of the goals and the pass to Moore that set up the 5th goal was superb. They both worked their socks off. In fact they all did.
    Good post, I watched the highlights last night and was reminded just how good a game Proctor had. Easy to overlook when his strike partner bags a hat trick. Great stuff.

I'm unsure why there are a few suggestions that Williams won't last? He looks a very good player to me and he put in a real shift yesterday. Is the suggestion that he won't last based on prior knowledge, insider knowledge, or merely a very early stab at a future "I told you so" moment so a scapegoat must be picked?

dave take a look at who said williams wont last. its not a few posters its one

Our high energy / high pressing game is a good model for league one....and that's the league we're in so ..... bring it on.

And the initial season in the championship ( if we achieve this ) the high energy game will bring some success - as it did Barnsley - but a season on - without a substantial budget - relegation is a high probability.

Confidence will grow - team ethic will grow and I wonder if the success ( if we get it ) will mirror the Barnsley model of finding players wanting BETTER for themselves and working their cotton socks off to attain their own personal goals and that of Rotherham United.

Sounds great and that's the Barnsley model. BUT......

Strange but true but perhaps Barnsley are now following the Rotherham United model !

Heckingbottom hasn't been backed enough for the championship. So perhaps the Barnsley board has taken account of the TS meagre budget and concluded ( as TS did ) if relegation comes - then so be it !

So - if Barnsley are following our championship model and we are following Barnsley's league one model - then we can look forward to a period of South Yorkshire YO-YO teams swapping leagues for a few years.

Just a thought.

The difference between this year and last year is preparation and fitness. Yes you can blame Stewart for not giving Stubbs not enough time and you can blame Stubbs for not bringing right players in due to a unprofessional ego or paul warne for not bringing fitness up to stretch last year but that's gone and the difference this year to last is like night and day. Bring on posh

My prediction 2-2

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    Monty - for a RGS boy your comprehension is poor !

The "staying up" statement was from another poster that I totally disagree with.
    He obviously knows that the statement was from another poster. He is saying that he 100% agrees with "the" statement (not "your" statement) and therefore disagrees with you

The "S" word means a ban - just saying !

Fitness is a given in the championship - the tactics are everything for the "underdog"

"Unprofessional ego" ?

The difference between this year and last year is......THE LEAGUE WE ARE IN !

REF: Previous post....I will follow Barnsley's record this year as they will suffer as we did - with a less than adiquate budget.

Although they don't have the anchor of having old - old fashioned players that take up 60% of the wage budget.

Note WOOD too slow even for this league yet played throughout last seasons Warne management debacle. Says a lot !

So wrinkly - that just makes him wrong then doesn't it!

One thing is for sure that following Monty's outbursts and calling for banning orders - the RGS certainly didn't make "Gentlemen".

Or are you one and the same.....friends are like working hand tools.....it's the one you make yourself that work best...lol

Opinions eh.....

Up the Millers.....

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    So wrinkly - that just makes him wrong then doesn't it!

One thing is for sure that following Monty's outbursts and calling for banning orders - the RGS certainly didn't make "Gentlemen".

Or are you one and the same.....friends are like working hand tools.....it's the one you make yourself that work best...lol

Opinions eh.....

Up the Millers.....
    Just "oops - silly me!" would have done

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast