+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Southend United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Watching it through the eye of the TV camera on ifollow, Williams looked particularly sharp - picking out excellent passes and wanting the ball so that he could do something. Some of the flowing play from the midfield to the forwards - mainly in the first half - was close to sublime. It's probably true that Southend made us looked good but they really didn't seem to have any answer even when they regrouped. It's been a long time since we've seen a competitive league game where we've looked so composed. A word fro Proctor too who really showed strength of character today. Also Frecks who did so much of the unsung stuff behind the forwards. I'm happy.

Well said CT. I really enjoyed Williams game. He just gets stuck in and doesn't foul everytime he loses the ball. I said ont matchthread that it was like watching a team of Warnes and Barkers but with talent.

The period of the game when we charged everything down and then the rebounds and then again the rebounds until we got a shot off. I was laughing at that point. It wasn't pretty but it was 100% committment and I am happy that they are showing that for Rotherham United.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Have you got a 31 year old son called Adam
    No fella...well not that I know of ...

My lad is older.

My thoughts? Well I think some of you guys are hard to please lol

A very good overall performance by a team that's looking exactly that...a team, not a rag bag random selection of half fit cast offs.

Hopefully they won't get carried away and start to build the consistency that wins trophies.

As for Anton Ferdinand, what a donkey, an unfit donkey at that, the bloke is stealing a wage. I'm surprised it took Mr Mahogany that long to sub him.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Hang on, Southend weren't shocking. We were very good for 70 minutes, we bullied them all over the pitch and they simply couldn't handle it. Give our players credit for what they achieved today.
    Southend have enough quality players in their squad to be round about the playoffs at the end of the season.
    The reason we lost momentum in the last 20 minutes was simply down to the fact that 3 of our best performers were substituted to rest them for the next game.
    Totally correct Mellow why do some people think when we beat a team they must have been shocking

You can only play as well as the opposing team let you and we definitely didn't let them play well today

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Excellent first 70 minutes. Don't know if we eased off, or they got better.
    A bit like last season, with all the clearances going to their players.
    A good start. Think we will win more than we lose. Still going for 10th finish.
    Combination of us easing off and the substitutions we made. Frecks has always made us tick and is the driving force, so let's hope he stays fit. Williams looks a great player to me and has the ability to beat a man with skill rather than just pace like Taylor. Forde just can't beat a man.

According to the 20-20 vision GWRU (or is it GURU) we shouldn't play our best players. Interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Great going forward could have scored 9, at the back I'm worried could have conceded 3 or 4.....Sort it warned

Great entertainment value 10/10
    Behave yourself gmgm that defence is the best it's been in a long long time

The two centre halfs are the best pairing since Swales and Macintosh and Emmanuel is the best right back since the great Gerry Forrest.

early days I know but just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Behave yourself gmgm that defence is the best it's been in a long long time

The two centre halfs are the best pairing since Swales and Macintosh and Emmanuel is the best right back since the great Gerry Forrest.

early days I know but just my opinion
    Loyal mate I think that defence can be better in all fairness but I'm sure it will be a iron curtain by end of this month it's been improving bit by bit

Fair point S-M. I'm just basing my opinion on the fact that for the last few seasons every time the opposition put a cross into our box I fully expected them to score, now I fully expect our defenders to clear the ball.
    Fair enough they had a few chances late on which they should've scored but by then we were in wind down mode, when the game was still on they never had a sniff

Some people are never happy today was the best performance in a long time stop nit picking.
    Thought we were just too good for them all over the park.

The comments from a few Southend fans in pub afterwards is that we were as good as anything they saw last season.

Yes only one game but at least it's positive.
    It was only one game at Fleetwood but we were ****e then according to some.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Some people are never happy today was the best performance in a long time stop nit picking.
    Thought we were just too good for them all over the park.

The comments from a few Southend fans in pub afterwards is that we were as good as anything they saw last season.

Yes only one game but at least it's positive.
    It was only one game at Fleetwood but we were ****e then according to some.

UTM
    We lost to last years rank third and away to boot I'm not optimistic about our next match but I am optimistic about our season. I'm not nit picking I'm saying improvements are still to be made the day we stop improving is the day we wear a piggy shirt.

Cant see how we can improve our midfield tbh they were better than anything in league 1 and championship

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast