+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Under the circumstances

Delighted with the result under those circumstances today. We would have lost that game last season.

For a guy who was probably the most "meh" signing of the summer, Stanton's quickly proving himself to be a big, big player for us this season, looks like everything we hoped Telfer would become.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Edge took a knock early doors and i thought would not come out second half. Robson i think had one of his best games for us and looks an improvement on last season. Keatings looked like he was just back from injury and i thought things had just clicked when McMullan took his swipe.

One bad point to add with Flood being the one on the end of the break away near the end! If only it was someone with an eye for goal, it could have been 3-1!
    Ye i thought Robson generally played really well however him and edge beside each other give a few heart in the mouth moments

Quote Originally Posted by DerryJungle View Post
    Delighted with the result under those circumstances today. We would have lost that game last season.

For a guy who was probably the most "meh" signing of the summer, Stanton's quickly proving himself to be a big, big player for us this season, looks like everything we hoped Telfer would become.
    I absolutely love the fact that Sam Stanton is prepared to take on and commit opponents and break through the lines. Sure, he sometimes gave the ball away, but i can live with that when he works as hard. This mirrored my view on Simon Murray. I'm also delighted for Scott Fraser, who I have always maintained is our most skilful player, but questioned his heart and his desire and his will. Scott should look at Sam and try to match or beat whatever stats goes to his GPS. If they two have a private battle, we will benefit as a Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant_Jouster View Post
    I absolutely love the fact that Sam Stanton is prepared to take on and commit opponents and break through the lines. Sure, he sometimes gave the ball away, but i can live with that when he works as hard. This mirrored my view on Simon Murray. I'm also delighted for Scott Fraser, who I have always maintained is our most skilful player, but questioned his heart and his desire and his will. Scott should look at Sam and try to match or beat whatever stats goes to his GPS. If they two have a private battle, we will benefit as a Club.
    Would imagine Fraser will start next week now. With better players around him than previously, hopefully he will improve and deliver on a regular basis.

Thought we done well today all things considered , McMullen mad moment apart , everyone put in a shift when we down to 10 men , even Fraser , Edge is having a nightmare start to the season worth putting Quinn there , Murdoch much better than Toshney at right back , really like Stanton , thought Fyvie despite lack of games , was alright today

Ps , played 4-4-2 then 4-4-1 , got to stick with this , not the 1 of course , get that 4-2-3-1 to ****

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Thought we done well today all things considered , McMullen mad moment apart , everyone put in a shift when we down to 10 men , even Fraser , Edge is having a nightmare start to the season worth putting Quinn there , Murdoch much better than Toshney at right back , really like Stanton , thought Fyvie despite lack of games , was alright today
    I actually forgot Murdoch was playing for a while. And Fyvie i think made a few mistakes through the game that will probably disappear once up to full fitness. His run just before being hauled off nearly finished him though!

And i thought it was 4-5 we played towards the end?

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Ps , played 4-4-2 then 4-4-1 , got to stick with this , not the 1 of course , get that 4-2-3-1 to ****
    Yes please - I expect Mcmullens replacement will be Fraser - takes away the direct running at defenders though and that i think is going to win us a lot of games this season. He will be missed and hopefully come back play the same way and defenders wont cope - in fact they may get sent off instead of him. Silly lad but he should come back an even better player. He will be a target though.

Very good 3 pts after the sending off, i'd have taken 6 pts over a different outcome on Wednesday (the fun can have their cup final moment and 0 pts), gives us a very good platform to build from and we'll only get better in the coming weeks imo

Also extends the impressive home record under McKinnon to played 28 won 19 drawn 8 lost 1

Roll on Tues/Sat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)