+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: At Home with the McCanns - Part 2

At Home with the McCanns - Part 2

Having worked for many years at Skye with Neil I was delighted when he gave me an exclusive interview after the first league game against Ross County.
    We settled in his kitchen, and here’s how it went

Me........so Neil, how are you settling in to Tannadice?
    Neil – I’ve no invited you here to talk about them
    Me............no, I meant life in Tannadice, here, in the village
    Neil – Look it was a genuine mistake, I didnae know what their stadium is called
    Me......... Aye ok, sorry. Well Neil, you’ll be disappointed to get off to a losing start?

Neil – I felt we bossed the game but was happy in the end to get a point

Me........... But you lost 2-1 Neil

Neil – I don’t really see it as a defeat, we won a lot of corners and I’ve told the lads that will turn into points as the season progresses

Me:...........do you believe that corners equate to points Neil?

Neil – look, I’m happy with our league position after the first game

Me..........But 6 teams have no points Neil and Dundee are one of them

Neil – aye but alphabetically we are in a good position

At this point Neils new dog Wagner tried to lick my private parts but all was soon under control as Neil screamed ... “Down Wagner, down boy. Sorry about that. He’s a bit wild, but if you bribe him with titbits he’ll do anything for you” The thought crossed my mind that this could actually be true.

Me................How do you feel the team is shaping up for the season?

Neil – ok really, I think if the alphabetical positions are maintained we might finish third

Me.............. How do you work that out Neil?

Neil – well there’s only 2 teams above us on that basis, Aberdeen and Celtic

Me.....................So Europe is a possibility then?

Neil – Aye, Carrie and I are heading to Tenerife during the international break

Me............Turning to the next few games, do you feel results will start to go your way?

Neil – well hopefully, but it depends if we can improve at penalty shootouts

Me........... In league games?

Neil - why not, we will definitely get better at them, we’re practicing every day.

Me.................but it’s not the start you wanted Neil is it?

Neil – when Dembele’s back we’ll be on fire though

Me...............Dembele?....... Dembele who?

Neil – Moussa Dembele of course!

Me.............You signed Sofien Moussa, not Moussa Dembele Neil

Neil – Never! I’ll kill that sh1tebag agent when I see him!

Cannie believe this thread went under the radar its FN brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Cannie believe this thread went under the radar its FN brilliant.
    Cheers GB, nice to get a wee bit of praise when you stick yer neck out

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)