+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Under the circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Who did we sign from Dunfermline?
    Hardly a shining example but McMullan was on loan at Dunfermline last season. Hope he learns from today!

I actually quite enjoyed the game today and really cant wait until they gel properly. I think a target man should be a priority, but on the other hand, who would be the one to be dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Hardly a shining example but McMullan was on loan at Dunfermline last season. Hope he learns from today!

I actually quite enjoyed the game today and really cant wait until they gel properly. I think a target man should be a priority, but on the other hand, who would be the one to be dropped?
    Don't know if he would be dropped to accommodate a target man but Billy King hasn't impressed me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Who did we sign from Dunfermline?
    We signed mcmullan from Celtic but was on loan at dunfermline last season and was their best player

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    We signed mcmullan from Celtic but was on loan at dunfermline last season and was their best player
    He's was indeed. I know a few Dunfermline fans who said exactly that when we signed him.

Don't know about King , thought he put a shift in today

Happy with that. 2 out of 2. Get to the top and stay there. Looking forward to Darrens ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Don't know if he would be dropped to accommodate a target man but Billy King hasn't impressed me at all.
    It is a rare thing when we agree, but i am not yet decided and am leaning over to the unimpressed. He did put in a good shift today, by the jury is sitting.

Have criticised Scott Fraser on here for being a powder puff who disappears when the going gets tough, but I'm more than happy to eat humble pie today. He turned the game when he came on. With 10 men we were struggling second half (particularly the way Edge was playing at times). Thought Fraser gave us an outlet with pace and passing on the right to link play together. As for McMullan, he has a lot to learn if he's going to let a fud like Rooney wind him up. He won the foul so there was no need to slap the big **** in the pus.

good result under the circumstances.

good points:
    Stanton is a player
    Fyvie started showing signs of the player we hope he will be, at fault for his part in the goal and some slack play however some neat passes and much needed composure on the ball at times
    McDonald off and running
    McMullans run for the goal
    Murdoch is a massive upgrade on Toshney at rb and looked good i thought
    Looked good with 10 men up the hill

Bad points:
    McMullan red
    Edge/Robson look like they have a lot of mistakes in them
    Keatings looked off pace
    Thought we were pretty poor with 11 men in first half

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post

Bad points:
    McMullan red
    Edge/Robson look like they have a lot of mistakes in them
    Keatings looked off pace
    Thought we were pretty poor with 11 men in first half
    Edge took a knock early doors and i thought would not come out second half. Robson i think had one of his best games for us and looks an improvement on last season. Keatings looked like he was just back from injury and i thought things had just clicked when McMullan took his swipe.

One bad point to add with Flood being the one on the end of the break away near the end! If only it was someone with an eye for goal, it could have been 3-1!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)