+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well done Notts

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I wasn't talking about the few games in the Munto season, I meant McParland's 'style' after he took over from Steve Thompson.
    It was McParlands plan ..McParlands only plan! I can't recall any other style of play..whoever was in the side..Hughes..Rodgers..Weston..
    Forrester?

Nolans not that much different to McParland..clear differences..the ball goes forward sooner but the 2 cart horses haven't got a prayer. After last seasons upturn..I thought he had what it takes..unfortunately he's making McParland look like a tactical genius in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    Nolans not that much different to McParland..clear differences..the ball goes forward sooner but the 2 cart horses haven't got a prayer. After last seasons upturn..I thought he had what it takes..unfortunately he's making McParland look like a tactical genius in comparison.
    I can only conclude that you must be Ian McParland or his wife.

McParland always liked to tell people he wanted his team to play passing football but like Elite said, it consisted of the defence and keeper playing a bit of passing football between themselves before one of them kicked it long, every single time.

Unfortunately back then we had Edwards at the back who couldn't pass WIND...long or short...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123