+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kayodo joins City

Kayodo joins City

Just heard we've missed out on Kayode to Man City...

Top scorer/player of the year in Austrian Bundesliga, on verge of joining and Pep's rang him personally.

Ah well probably explains the reason why Benitez is frustrated as well tbh. Funds are there, players unfortunately (even worse in this market) are more interested in their salary (fair enough)

But hand on heart, I'd gladly earn 40-50k (vs 60+?) and play every 2 weeks in front of 50k fans rather than warm City's bench but fair enough that's my own opinion and it means ****.

Benitez has good contacts, he'll find the right players but I think we'll have to wait a few windows before you really start seeing 1st choice options being signed (Merino and Lejuene could be) because of the competition he faces with nothing other than fan base and stadium up your sleeve (it will attract the right players though and that's what ultimately matters to me because they're the ones who gonna help build our club for the long term, not the ones who jump onto different stepping stones, they don't give a **** man.

FWIW I bet he's pretty decent if Guardiola's belling him up tbf.

Lejeune apparently was desperate to play for Rafa he pushed the deal forward his end and was very patient on our end

I hadn't heard us linked to this Austrian guy, was that recently?

he isn't even warming city's bench

hes away back to austria, where he came from, and hes gpoing out on loasn to spain.

arsehole - glad we didn't get him - hes just stuffed up his career haha

why would city gazump us, just to.put him out on loan.

if he was any good for us, they could've taken him any time they wanted anyway!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)