Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
Ok then if thats the case then why did Hecky take him off for Ugbo, who doesn't have a clue about that sort of role at this level, at this stage of his career ?.
And then bringing on Payne later on to try and make it 2 up front was a late token gesture, the game sounded like it was gone by then.
Hey somebody/anybody, tell me if Im wrong to post this. Im disappointed to read lots of fans comments tonight suggesting that Hecky really is losing the plot. Hes been given a ridiculous job to do and I think its slowly starting to take the best out of him..
Id be surpised if hes still here by the end of this 'window', and yes I think things really are heading that way.
I think that's a disappointed and frustrated over reaction. Hecky has not lost the plot. He's two games in with new squad and still experimenting with personnel and formations. Personally, i think he needs to settle the formation and then select players to fit. A default formation home and away with a plan B for each if not working.
Get all the players drilled in each and then select the best from evidence in training.

Start by brain washing them into closing down the ball and not backing off runners - put tackles in.