+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Hecky Have The Final Say

Does Hecky Have The Final Say

On recruiting players .

I saw an interview last week with the Fulham HC who says he doesn't have any say at all which I find extraordinary to say the least .

How does this thing work at the club ?

I ask this because I'm wondering if Hecky's actually gone over to France and seen Thiam play in real time so to speak .

Surely if you are spending a million quid you'd want to see him perform from the stands wouldn't you .

Cloughy when at forest never saw David Currie play and paid 1 million for him he didn't last long after he saw him play

The scouts go out and watch the players but Hecky said if they sign from Europe a lot would be done just watching videos

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    On recruiting players .

I saw an interview last week with the Fulham HC who says he doesn't have any say at all which I find extraordinary to say the least .

How does this thing work at the club ?

I ask this because I'm wondering if Hecky's actually gone over to France and seen Thiam play in real time so to speak .

Surely if you are spending a million quid you'd want to see him perform from the stands wouldn't you .

Hecky, the scouts and coaches compile a list of targets as far as I'm aware then the CEO gets who he can but Hecky has an input.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Hecky, the scouts and coaches compile a list of targets as far as I'm aware then the CEO gets who he can but Hecky has an input.
    So he has an input but not the final say then ?

I'd think PC will have the final say on if we sign someone

I'd think PC will have the final say on if we sign someone
    So it could be argued that any signings that don't come off Hecky only has a proportion of the responsibility on himself and that other's are also equally if not more responsible ?

I think Heckys responsibility will be helping highlight targets and if they get that far helping sell the club to the player if he comes to Oakwell

The club wanted to get away from the 'manager' bringing all his own players and staff in .

The players who come in are a joint decision between Head Coach and his team, Head Scout , CEO and owner

Most clubs work this way now. More of a committee than one manager.

I think Heckys responsibility will be helping highlight targets and if they get that far helping sell the club to the player if he comes to Oakwell

The club wanted to get away from the 'manager' bringing all his own players and staff in .

The players who come in are a joint decision between Head Coach and his team, Head Scout , CEO and owner

Most clubs work this way now. More of a committee than one manager.
    So in effect if we were to have a poor season and get relegated it would on paper at least be unfair to ditch the whole debacle on one man when he's only a single committee member ?

That's how we operate now. Makes any change of personnel easier if we get lose a successful Coach to other teams, but also means we could get in a downward spiral of Sh1te if things go wrong....
    Sacking the Coach means there's still the other members of the committee who escape the blame and carry on.
    HC means Head Can-carrier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast