+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: midfield

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    As with WS you miss my point. Dudds spend relatively small sums (in PL terms), and go out and play an established PL team off the park away from home. We spend more in the close season than is usual, and can't threaten the goal of our opponent until they are a man down, at home and in front of the largest home crowd for a long, long time.

"If we can play badly and pick up a point then all is good", hardly a f00king war cry is it?

and to answer your last point, no it isn't but we won't win every week so picking up a point when we aren't on it is a good result in the long run. Bigger picture I'm thinking off, not getting too worried about a draw vs a decent Preston side who will do ok this season.

Unlike some on here im neither always glass full nor empty, just try and say it how it is in an objective manner, no knickers in twists here, long time to go, just tried to point out in the OP that the inherent gashness of our midfield hasnt been addressed this term unfortunately, as demonstrated clearly yesterday being steamrolled at home by the mighty Preston North End.Joel rightly predicts we will have plenty of games like this, and i agree.Unfortunately that adds up to plenty of dropped points and no realistic chance of top 2. Got to bury the shighte at home if you want promotion, its always been thus.

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    Unlike some on here im neither always glass full nor empty, just try and say it how it is in an objective manner, no knickers in twists here, long time to go, just tried to point out in the OP that the inherent gashness of our midfield hasnt been addressed this term unfortunately, as demonstrated clearly yesterday being steamrolled at home by the mighty Preston North End.Joel rightly predicts we will have plenty of games like this, and i agree.Unfortunately that adds up to plenty of dropped points and no realistic chance of top 2. Got to bury the shighte at home if you want promotion, its always been thus.
    Preston aren't ****e though, they had a sniff of playoffs last year and have improved their squad. That's what I don't understand, people just look at the name of a team and say 'we should be beating them' based on some historical value as if we are a PL side anymore, our fans need to stop looking at clubs and just assuming we should beat them because of their past. Fact is Preston are a good side, with good players and will do well this year somewhere in the top 10, a point against them is not the end of the world as some are making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    It is a pretty startling contradiction though from someone who has spent all pre-season moaning about us signing the likes of Alioski, Klich, Saiz, Wiedwald etc but then uses Huddersfield as an example of a model he likes when they do exactly the same! Imagine if we had signed that Mounie fella for 12m, he'd have had a thread up in minutes whining about us chucking money away on a foreign striker!
    Did I make one observation as to where any of the Dudds players came from? No.

Did I suggest Preston were "a team we should beat"?. No

My beef is with a bunch of players who failed in front of a massive home crowd to force the game and make the opposition defence work for their money, past caring where the f00k they were born or played before coming to Leeds. We had vastly superior possession for much of the game, so the boll0x about time wasting just doesn't wash. The tactics were poor, the performances (mostly) were poor and as I suggested when everyone (including me) was being complimentary and positive effect after the Port Vale game, the real tests are against experienced Championship sides and the first time we get tested we fail (and if it hadn't been for a disallowed goal with Wiedwald clueless as to what he should have been doing, we might have come away with nothing).

The phrase "must do better" was never so appropriate in terms of the game against Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Joel, don't bother engaging with this idiot, anytime he's shown to contradict himself (and he is this time aggain) he uses the old "miss my point" thing.
    And yet again you really do miss the point. Where the Dudds players come from wasn't mentioned, not once. It was the relatively low cost of a set of players who in a newly promoted side went away from home and gave a right royal shellacking to an established PL side that was my point. Hardly surprising you missed it given your blinkered attitude to anything I post.

Anyhoo, contrast the Dudds performance with ours on Sunday. (And the PL isn't as tight or competitive for those outside the favoured few as the Championship is for all of us, really?)

A lot of you keep repeating stuff I mentioned in my point on this thread, great minds think alike obviously 😁😎👍

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Joel, don't bother engaging with this idiot, anytime he's shown to contradict himself (and he is this time aggain) he uses the old "miss my point" thing.
    I'd rather be an idiot capable of contradicting himself, but who applies a measure of critical evaluation than a fool who questions nothing the club does or the performances of the players because "that's just how it is".

Agree Joel, From where I was sitting I thought though it was a poor game - we where better than we where a lot of games last season.
    The season is a long and hard slog in this league - and I for one think hat we are in a better place than this time last season, we have some new faces that haven't had a chance to all play together yet, and we are as yet unbeaten. No doubt if we do slip up tomorrow [against one of the best teams in this league last season] the doom merchants will be all over this board like a rash as usual.
    We looked like a team that hasn't quite gelled yet - but will improve, Preston came with a game plan that worked for them [Similar to how we played away last year]

There's a long way to go and we are two league games in as Joel points out fifth and unbeaten - as opposed to near the bottom and without a win this time last year - but hey ho we are Leeds so unless we are battering everyone every week it's a time to worry

Check out where we are come the first of October - and then judge the team/management/Backroom staff and all.... I reckon.

Makes you wonder what folk would say if we'd lost both league games and been knocked out by PV

it's a bloody joke, Preston finished about 12th last season and beat wendies this season who finished above both Leeds and Preston last season, we've kept a clean sheet against them with an unsettled defence and new goalkeeper, many teams will do far worse than that, plus most teams when they go down to 10 men park the bus in front of their goal which makes it harder still to score, pearson should have gone after 30mins not 60, that could have changed the game again. I for one was disappointed with the draw but I was pi$$ed off like some have been. God help us if we'd lost the match!

I wasn't pi$$Ed off*

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)