+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: midfield

midfield

Was really hoping for quality over quantity this season in midfield, i thought we were crying out for a general/leader/ enforcer in there and should have been high up on the list of priorities.Alas, its not to be. Our midfield was gash last season, and im worried this time out also.
    Admittedly i only listened, but if Wheelan was to be believed, Preston completely bossed it in there all the while it was 11 v 11 [Preston, not Chelsea folks!]Id appreciate the view of this from anyone who went today for clarity [great crowd 33,800!]
    If new contracts O´kane and Phillips are the answer, im foooked if i know what the question was.

I share your concerns BB.

Answers on a postcard please

Two games into the season for god sake. They beat Sheff Wed in first game, they're no mugs.

Klich hasn't had a game yet, Saiz and Alioski will need to adapt to the league as well.

Preston were dirty, thats why the bossed it, should have had a red card in first 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Two games into the season for god sake. They beat Sheff Wed in first game, they're no mugs.

Klich hasn't had a game yet, Saiz and Alioski will need to adapt to the league as well.

Preston were dirty, thats why the bossed it, should have had a red card in first 30 minutes.
    agree with the preston no mugs bit but they were better than us and passed us of the park first half we created very little and lacked any threat our midfield got over run and lets be honest we didnt test there keeper yes its early doors but so is it for wolves cardiff etc after all the talking we need to step up and improve fast cos today was not anywere near good enough

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

So to follow the argument that suggests we will struggle against anyone that plays dirty (and probably hard), which is why the OP said we needed a midfield leader/enforcer - totally agree.

Hopefully we can beat teams by scoring more than they do, but we will continue to be vulnerable at the back whilst the midfield is controlled by the opposition.

If we are feeling concerned now, then what the fu ck were we feeling this time last year.

Watch Dudds against QPR, they haven't spent much over the close season but f00k me do they know what to do to score, and not against some pi55-poor sh1te from dead as a door nail Preston either.

Look and learn.

Getting 'bossed' at home by f*cking Preston (f*cking Preston) just don't sit right with me.

So that's the game plan for anyone that plays us..give us a few kicks and you get to boss the game.

Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    So to follow the argument that suggests we will struggle against anyone that plays dirty (and probably hard), which is why the OP said we needed a midfield leader/enforcer - totally agree.

Hopefully we can beat teams by scoring more than they do, but we will continue to be vulnerable at the back whilst the midfield is controlled by the opposition.
    No, we need the referee to do his job properly. 'Enforcers' are a myth in modern football as the rules don't allow for it, the best holding midfielders are intelligent not enforcers like Kante, Schneiderlin, Kroos, Busquets, Pirlo etc. People who are good passers, but their talent lies in being in the right place at the right time and winning the ball cleanly.

And as far as I remember they barely threatened our goal and we kept a clean sheet as well as over 60% possession, so if that is us being dominated I can't wait to see us on top.

It wasn't a great game, but feel people are wildly going over the top with some of the assessment you'd think we'd lost 3-0 and been battered when in reality we had the best chances and were the better team on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Getting 'bossed' at home by f*cking Preston (f*cking Preston) just don't sit right with me.

So that's the game plan for anyone that plays us..give us a few kicks and you get to boss the game.

Great.
    No, the referee should have done his job and sent that cretin off the park. We didn't get bossed either in any aspect of the game, if desire equates to consistent fouling and time wasting then yes they had more desire than us, in the long run trying to play football rather than playing dirty will pay dividends they'll be a mid table plodder we will be top 6

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)