+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: midfield

Quote Originally Posted by was123 View Post
    agree with the preston no mugs bit but they were better than us and passed us of the park first half we created very little and lacked any threat our midfield got over run and lets be honest we didnt test there keeper yes its early doors but so is it for wolves cardiff etc after all the talking we need to step up and improve fast cos today was not anywere near good enough

We dominated possession and had more chances, they had one shot on target and barely treated our goal. I'm genuinely confused as to how people say we got dominated in the game as if they were comfortably on top, it was a pretty even game in which their game plan just worked out. In our first 2 games we scored 7 goals, ok this one it was 0-0 but that is going to happen and the team and manager will learn as they adapt and get more accustomed to the league.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Watch Dudds against QPR, they haven't spent much over the close season but f00k me do they know what to do to score, and not against some pi55-poor sh1te from dead as a door nail Preston either.

Look and learn.
    Haven't spent much? They've spent 40m so far.....two of their goals coming from their 12 million pound striker, against QPR (you mean Crystal Palace) who seemed to be playing the most disjointed formation I've seen since McDermott had us playing 3-5-2 vs Rochdale, not surprised they scored 3.

We've also scored 7 goals in the past two games, so we know how to score, results like this happen in this league and will happen all season, Preston are no mugs even though some people seem to be writing them off as nobodies.

Could be wrong but aren't we in a better position now than what we were at this stage last season? Scored 7 goals in first 2 games and kept a clean sheet in the third game which up to now was our strongest opponent. Preston beat a team who finished above us last season, and Preston themselves finished about 12th, yes I believe we should be beating Preston but it doesn't matter who the opposition is, if you don't make the opposition goalkeeper earn his match day wage, then you don't deserve to win the match, but we certainly didn't deserve to lose either, a drab performance from both teams, it is another point on the board, let's keep winning and drawing, I hate losing!

Joel,i dont buy the "were only 2 games in" stuff.Each game is worth 3 points, do we have to wait every season for the rest to steal a march on us before we start playing around matchday 10?
    given the shighte opposition, and the fact weve a few home games early doors, we should have been the team putting pressure on others.
    Dress it up how you want, our midield still looks way too lightweight, and as for being on top, we were at home, in front of 34,000 fans and didnt have a single shot on target before their player was sent off. If thats us on top, id hate to see what it looks like when we are up against it!

Quote Originally Posted by españablanco73 View Post
    Joel,i dont buy the "were only 2 games in" stuff.Each game is worth 3 points, do we have to wait every season for the rest to steal a march on us before we start playing around matchday 10?
    given the shighte opposition, and the fact weve a few home games early doors, we should have been the team putting pressure on others.
    Dress it up how you want, our midield still looks way too lightweight, and as for being on top, we were at home, in front of 34,000 fans and didnt have a single shot on target before their player was sent off. If thats us on top, id hate to see what it looks like when we are up against it!
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Haven't spent much? They've spent 40m so far.....two of their goals coming from their 12 million pound striker, against QPR (you mean Crystal Palace) who seemed to be playing the most disjointed formation I've seen since McDermott had us playing 3-5-2 vs Rochdale, not surprised they scored 3.

We've also scored 7 goals in the past two games, so we know how to score, results like this happen in this league and will happen all season, Preston are no mugs even though some people seem to be writing them off as nobodies.
    OK I apologise, I got the opposition wrong, wasn't my point.

"Not much"? No, not in PL terms and certainly not for a newly promoted team who, despite Palace not exactly playing out of their skins, put 3 past them, playing away from home and doing so looking like they had been in the PL for some time, not newly promoted..

Contrast that with Leeds playing at home in front of 34000 fans not getting a shot on goal until we're playing against 10 men.

Getting 7 goals when playing a newly promoted team ( lets not forget we conceded 2 in that game), and one from 2 divisions down then failing to trouble the first opposition worthy of the name for most of a game at home, inspiring? Nah.

If "results like this" are going to happen all season, then Radders had best put on hold any promotion celebrations.

I'll give them a few more games to find their feet before I judge. They barely know each other yet.

Have to disagree with the majority & agree with Joel - Preston probably edged the first half but we looked a completely different team in the second half & God only knows how we didn't score, also just like to add that Wood isn't an £18m pound player so I think we should cash in in anyone is prepared to pay that ridiculous amount - he couldn't get his head on the ball Yesterday on at least 3 occasions - 2 of which where he was unchallenged.

Quote Originally Posted by españablanco73 View Post
    We are joint 5th, we have 'started' playing, we put 3 past bolton and are unbeaten, nobody has stolen a march on us. What I'm saying is our new players won't be world beaters instantly and the realities of this league is performances like this will happen throughout the season, thats the nature of being in the 2nd tier.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    OK I apologise, I got the opposition wrong, wasn't my point.

"Not much"? No, not in PL terms and certainly not for a newly promoted team who, despite Palace not exactly playing out of their skins, put 3 past them, playing away from home and doing so looking like they had been in the PL for some time, not newly promoted..

Contrast that with Leeds playing at home in front of 34000 fans not getting a shot on goal until we're playing against 10 men.

Getting 7 goals when playing a newly promoted team ( lets not forget we conceded 2 in that game), and one from 2 divisions down then failing to trouble the first opposition worthy of the name for most of a game at home, inspiring? Nah.

If "results like this" are going to happen all season, then Radders had best put on hold any promotion celebrations.
    Why are you comparing a PL team in Huddersfield against Palace to what we are doing? There are no parallels, infact the team you are comparing us to are the antithesis of everything you slag our club off for in signing foreign nobodies like Schindler, Lowe, Hefele, Kachunga, Mounier, Quaner etc. So I find it odd that the model you seem to aspire to is a model that you would, and do criticise to the hilt at Leeds.

Yes performances like this will happen throughout the season, its why these players are playing second tier football and not PL. Consistency, if we can play badly and pick up a point then all is good, you don't seem to understand this league as a whole.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)