+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken wheelbarrow

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Its £3.50 in the embankment, no crap stuff like you get in Lawtons or the Wheelbarrow. And they have tills that work....In Lawtons yesterday they had upto 3 people doing the work that one man used to do and all of them were useless...
    So vote with your feet, unlike many clubs we are fortunate to have plenty of decent pubs within easy walking distance ( I paid £13.50 for 3 pints at the Ricoh last week but had little choice if I wanted a drink) if people keep paying these prices then they will continue to charge them.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    So vote with your feet, unlike many clubs we are fortunate to have plenty of decent pubs within easy walking distance ( I paid £13.50 for 3 pints at the Ricoh last week but had little choice if I wanted a drink) if people keep paying these prices then they will continue to charge them.
    Never mind minutes in legs, it's all about footfall.

How stupid are people... ? Notts or any club can not be seen to promote drinking with 'offers'. It is a bit like going to an airport. The prices are more expensive so to act as a deterant, so people DON'T drink to much.
    Why is that hard to comprehend?
    For some, it is just another way to have a go at the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    How stupid are people... ? Notts or any club can not be seen to promote drinking with 'offers'. It is a bit like going to an airport. The prices are more expensive so to act as a deterant, so people DON'T drink to much.
    Who's going to tell him about the 2 quid a pint offer last season?

What a load of steaming crap. Airport prices are high because they know you've got no alternatives so they rip you off for every last penny. If you believe what you've posted, you'll be telling us next that food in a Wetherspoons in an airport charges double the price of a Wetherspoons in the towns because they want to deter people from eating too much!!!

£2.80 pint at the Vat and Fiddle. 10 min walk to the Kop good service seating inside and outside Notts fans and a few away fans and a great pint of prize winning Harvest Pale bitter

330ml beer in Cancun airport....84 pesos (£4)
    330ml beer in Cancun carpark bar near the ADO buses....70 pesos
    330ml beer in any decent restaurant here on the Altiplano....40 pesos
    330ml beer in Mexico City airport............... 35 pesos in the bars (many to choose from).....20 pesos from the shops
    330ml - in main Mexico North bus station (3 bars).....25 pesos
    330ml in my local bar, music, widescreen tv, beer garden...18 pesos
    330ml beer in my local Oxxo store.....11 pesos
    330 ml from Walmart 8 cans of Carta Blanca for 55 pesos(named brand here) 4.5% ABV......7 pesos

I'm off on an 18 hour trek cross-country to go Scuba-diving in the Caribbean next Saturday, via Cancun airport, Mexico airport and the bus stations.

As Elite says above, they know you're trapped in the airports so the rob you by up to 11 times the cost of the beer (Mexico City isn't too bad because it isn't a tourist-type airport)....my plan, cooler bag, ice and a smattering of pigeon-Spanish involving the phrase "can you tell me where the nearest Oxxo or Walmart is located"

Back on-topic, I've always been impressed at how reasonable the MLSB prices , compared to the Navvi, Plumtree and Magpies (now bulldozed?) was in the past....it seems like those days are gone........cooler bags anyone?

Hmmm, so what you're saying is that Notts actually don't want people to buy alcohol from them?

How stupid are people indeed..

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    330ml beer in Cancun airport....84 pesos (£4)
    330ml beer in Cancun carpark bar near the ADO buses....70 pesos
    330ml beer in any decent restaurant here on the Altiplano....40 pesos
    330ml beer in Mexico City airport............... 35 pesos in the bars (many to choose from).....20 pesos from the shops
    330ml - in main Mexico North bus station (3 bars).....25 pesos
    330ml in my local bar, music, widescreen tv, beer garden...18 pesos
    330ml beer in my local Oxxo store.....11 pesos
    330 ml from Walmart 8 cans of Carta Blanca for 55 pesos(named brand here) 4.5% ABV......7 pesos
    There are similar wild variations in price for exactly the same product over here. Take a pint of Strongbow for example - over £4 in many airports, around £3 in most pubs , some do it for just over £2. When we played Coventry I bought 120 440ml cans of Strongbow* from Tesco for £60 to avoid the parking charge, that's 50p per can which equates to 65p per pint!!!

* It is quite likely I'll be advised to follow a gluten free diet soon - lager and bitter are banned but cider is acceptable, so my days of Worthington E(lite) could well be numbered. Luckily I have cheap taste buds where alcohol is concerned, I even enjoy Taurus cider (Aldi's finest) which works out at less than 57p per pint.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Hmmm, so what you're saying is that Notts actually don't want people to buy alcohol from them?

How stupid are people indeed..
    I'm going to play Devils Advocate here, but yes....there is a certain Brewery model that we tinkered around with in the 90s, where selling LESS beer makes you more money.

Assume beer cost at 2012 prices (sold my last bar then) is £1 pint cost, add VAT then double to cover all staff costs, utilities etc gives you £2.50 pint retail with a healthy net profit of 20% in the old sky rocket.........however, if you treble the cost price to £3.60 you lose SOME customers BUT, you use a lot less staff, less glasses, less wear-n-tear on carpets, seats, less security, less hassle plus you keep the riff-raff away.....obviously if you lose HALF your customers you are back to square one in this case.....so as long as he doesn't lose half his trade, AH is making more money by selling less

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast