+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Broken wheelbarrow

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What a load of steaming crap. Airport prices are high because they know you've got no alternatives so they rip you off for every last penny. If you believe what you've posted, you'll be telling us next that food in a Wetherspoons in an airport charges double the price of a Wetherspoons in the towns because they want to deter people from eating too much!!!
    We where at Birmingham airport last year and promised the wife we would eat in Wetherspoons , saw the prices ( £ 11,45 for a burger I think ) so had a pint and got a meal deal at Boots ! Plane landed at Luton from Geneva around 11.30 yesterday , had a couple of hours to kill before the coach up to Nottingham , was hungry so got a breakfast ( the picture made it look massive ) £8.25 for 1 small banger ,I slice of bacon , a couple of beans and an egg , asked me if I would like toast , £ 2.50 " no thanks " . Glad I still had some pringles in my bag . For the record , I don't normally have a drink down the match but if I do its the Navi for me , the beer in the Meadow Club/Wheelbarrow or the Lawton Bar has always been s***e .
    Last edited by navypie; 13-08-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    There are similar wild variations in price for exactly the same product over here. Take a pint of Strongbow for example - over £4 in many airports, around £3 in most pubs , some do it for just over £2. When we played Coventry I bought 120 440ml cans of Strongbow* from Tesco for £60 to avoid the parking charge, that's 50p per can which equates to 65p per pint!!!

* It is quite likely I'll be advised to follow a gluten free diet soon - lager and bitter are banned but cider is acceptable, so my days of Worthington E(lite) could well be numbered. Luckily I have cheap taste buds where alcohol is concerned, I even enjoy Taurus cider (Aldi's finest) which works out at less than 57p per pint.
    Since 2012 I've been plagued by gout....an absolutely horrible pain and swelling starting in my big toes, spreading to other areas of the ankles etc. It got to the point where I was in absolute agony at night, tears rolling down my chubby cheeks like a girl, using a walking stick, crawling to the bathroom etc
    Finally went to Long Eaton clinic where they advised me to stop drinking....hahaha, and gave me steroids and anti-purine tablets for a ridiculous rip-off price.....£4.40 I think.
    Moved to Mexico, the same tablets, Alopurinol, are available over-the-counter for £1 for 20, buy 5 packs get 1 pack free.......1 tablet every morning, (plus 30 degree heat apparently help break up the crystals in your joints)....not had a twinge in 2 years now....remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    How stupid are people... ? Notts or any club can not be seen to promote drinking with 'offers'. It is a bit like going to an airport. The prices are more expensive so to act as a deterant, so people DON'T drink to much.
    Why is that hard to comprehend?
    For some, it is just another way to have a go at the club!
    Stop talking like a tit (probably get in trouble for that with PC Plod). Prices at airports/service stations/venues are high simply to extract the maximum from a captive audience.

Wonder if there is anyone in the trade on here who could tell us the mark up?
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 13-08-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Whats all this talk about airports we're not playing that bad yet.
    What we're on about is a good watering hole before the match around the lane. Celebrite or drown sorrows.
    Getting served & enough beers before the mighty pies

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I'm going to play Devils Advocate here, but yes....there is a certain Brewery model that we tinkered around with in the 90s, where selling LESS beer makes you more money.

Assume beer cost at 2012 prices (sold my last bar then) is £1 pint cost, add VAT then double to cover all staff costs, utilities etc gives you £2.50 pint retail with a healthy net profit of 20% in the old sky rocket.........however, if you treble the cost price to £3.60 you lose SOME customers BUT, you use a lot less staff, less glasses, less wear-n-tear on carpets, seats, less security, less hassle plus you keep the riff-raff away.....obviously if you lose HALF your customers you are back to square one in this case.....so as long as he doesn't lose half his trade, AH is making more money by selling less

Some are whinging about a couple of quid extra for drinks. Go to London Canary Wharf then whinge.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Some are whinging about a couple of quid extra for drinks. Go to London Canary Wharf then whinge.
    Perhaps some feel the squeeze at an extra couple of quid you dick! WTF has Canary Wharf got to do with NCFC?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Since 2012 I've been plagued by gout....an absolutely horrible pain and swelling starting in my big toes, spreading to other areas of the ankles etc. It got to the point where I was in absolute agony at night, tears rolling down my chubby cheeks like a girl, using a walking stick, crawling to the bathroom etc
    Finally went to Long Eaton clinic where they advised me to stop drinking....hahaha, and gave me steroids and anti-purine tablets for a ridiculous rip-off price.....£4.40 I think.
    Moved to Mexico, the same tablets, Alopurinol, are available over-the-counter for £1 for 20, buy 5 packs get 1 pack free.......1 tablet every morning, (plus 30 degree heat apparently help break up the crystals in your joints)....not had a twinge in 2 years now....remarkable.
    You from the Long Eaton area, Tarkers? I was born there many years ago. My folks moved to West Bridgford when I was 8 or I might have ended up a Rams fan.

Strangely, I suffer from gout as well and take Allopurinol. I get mine for £1 a packet less than you pay though!

Maybe everyone isn't as well off as you Joe or will put up with anything Notts throw at you.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    You from the Long Eaton area, Tarkers? I was born there many years ago. My folks moved to West Bridgford when I was 8 or I might have ended up a Rams fan.

Strangely, I suffer from gout as well and take Allopurinol. I get mine for £1 a packet less than you pay though!
    Benefit scrounger....I'm coming back as soon as I hit the magic number.....is it 65, 66 or 67 now......every year on my birthday they move it forward a year...it's a conspiracy I tell you.

ps Yes, the kids went to Friesland.....apart from the smart one, I sent him to Trent College, £12,000 a year....I'm still waiting for him to repay me!!
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 14-08-2017 at 12:24 AM.

I could try explaining London Weighting to you but I am not sure it will sink in .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast