+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decent debuts

Thanks Prando, he does seem to get these niggling injuries all the way back to his man u days.

Explains why tp is desperate for a ch with Evans and gmac.

Though personally I'd rather go for caulker for the fraction of the price of Gibson, if he's sorted his problems out.

Says something for our never say die attitude though in the squad when our reserve ch come in at the last minute and perform so well.

I am Very happy baggie tonight.

Good to read that our debutantes had a decent performance today..because it will be ***** for us with a slim squad....Hegazi could be a sound investment for The Albion as Gmac may have some issues this season with injuries......He has been fantastic this last while but it is amazing how one year can make a big difference to the auld body...i should know!!!
    So delighted for Hegazi......
    Jrod seems to have impressed as well which is good news too....as I feel Rondon is just not fit for the Premiership league sadly.....That said....I find it rather ominous already that we are winning games with our defenders contributions.....if so it explains why TP keeps searching for CHs....they are proving to be our best strikers.....
    Anyway...nice to get a win immediately and should help with signings in the next few weeks if we can get points accumulated quickly....it may sway some players.....

I thought that Jay showed more spark than Rondon did for the whole of last season. He has a good eye for goal and is always looking to test the keeper. If he stays clear of injury then, he could get quite a few goals this year. Hegazi looked solid at the back, maybe lacking a bit of pace but making up for that with his positional awareness. I know that it is early days but they look like two good signings. Just need a bloody left back now!

As somebody mentioned, Rodrigues does appear to lack a little pace but the rest of his game is excellent. It would be interesting to see him play off Rondon. With Rondon's pace and ability to bring others into play, combined with Rodrigues' all round game, it could prove a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    As somebody mentioned, Rodrigues does appear to lack a little pace but the rest of his game is excellent. It would be interesting to see him play off Rondon. With Rondon's pace and ability to bring others into play, combined with Rodrigues' all round game, it could prove a success.
    Sorry mate I must have blinked and missed Rondon's pace and his ability to bring others into play. Unless you count bringing the opposition into play. Rondon offers nothing and should be shipped out.
    Jay Rod looks good I think we need a decent number 10 behind him. Pulis did however play left footers on the left side yesterday which gave the team width. Which was a nice surprise and Nyom proves he is a better right back than Dawson. Which begs the question.
    Who does he drop for Evans? I'd go with Dawson who is average at best in both positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Sorry mate I must have blinked and missed Rondon's pace and his ability to bring others into play. Unless you count bringing the opposition into play. Rondon offers nothing and should be shipped out.
    Jay Rod looks good I think we need a decent number 10 behind him. Pulis did however play left footers on the left side yesterday which gave the team width. Which was a nice surprise and Nyom proves he is a better right back than Dawson. Which begs the question.
    Who does he drop for Evans? I'd go with Dawson who is average at best in both positions.
    I disagree slightly Dawson is a far better defender than Nyom although i agree Nyom obviously looks more comfortable at ring back, if you are going to play Brunt at left back you have to play McLean in front of him to help support him defensively, the big difference between Rodriguez and Rondon is his movement he either comes short so he can receive the ball and keep it or he runs down the side to give us an option he also isn't afraid to shoot, Rodriguez can play anywhere in a front three and i think he will score goals for us this season. Hegazi was impressive lacks pace but is big and strong and will improve the more games he plays.
    Last edited by saltnshake; 13-08-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    I disagree slightly Dawson is a far better defender than Nyom although i agree Nyom obviously looks more comfortable at ring back, if you are going to play Brunt at left back you have to play McLean in front of him to help support him defensively, the big difference between Rodriguez and Rondon is his movement he either comes short so he can receive the ball and keep it or he runs down the side to give us an option he also isn't afraid to shoot, Rodriguez can play anywhere in a front three and i think he will score goals for us this season. Hegazi was impressive lacks pace but is big and strong and will improve the more games he plays.
    Not sure whether this 'rings' true for some, but it certainly sounds uncomfortable to me........ .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)