+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back from the game

Back from the game

Apart from 1st 10 and last 10 we were awesome. Should have given them a mother and a father of horsings.
    How the faaaaaark that was only 2-1 is a mystery
    Tansey was just wonderful......I never suspected there was a midfielder that quality in there when I saw him play for ICT.
    Once May is up to speed........this could be a season .

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Apart from 1st 10 and last 10 we were awesome. Should have given them a mother and a father of horsings.
    How the faaaaaark that was only 2-1 is a mystery
    Tansey was just wonderful......I never suspected there was a midfielder that quality in there when I saw him play for ICT.
    Once May is up to speed........this could be a season .
    Still a left sided centre half short IMO.
    It's churlish to complain after this window we've had but Reynolds gives me the fear.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Still a left sided centre half short IMO.
    It's churlish to complain after this window we've had but Reynolds gives me the fear.
    Absolute cracker of a goal tho

Thought oconnor was fantastic at the back today

Hopefully once Arnason is up to speed he'll play more regularly and help to settle that defence. Either O'Connor or Reynolds alongside him should provide a pretty solid defence.

Wouldnt object to another CH though.

Quote Originally Posted by foreveradon View Post
    Absolute cracker of a goal tho

Thought oconnor was fantastic at the back today
    The goal is a one off though as good as it was & welcome today.
    It's the defensive frailties I worry about.
    Better teams will exploit that.
    If we can sign one more player this window then it would be a left centre half imo.

A left back is a bigger priority than a centre half. O'Connor has been excellent this season (so far) and I suspect that once Arnason is up to speed he'll partner O'Connor.

I also suspect that we will need to change formation as May isn't a loan striker plus is Rooney going to be happy to sit on the bench.

Rooney is the penalty box striker that snaps up chances like today.

I still think if McInnes wasn't so stubborn and played Arnason along side O'Conner or Reynolds they would be a lot better.

He is too loyal to certain players who have done well for him in the past,Reynolds,O'Conner,McLean and Considine particularly are shoe ins for a start no matter how bad they play.

What is all this shouting for Arnason? The only time he started, he was rank rottena nd had to be taken off. Was 87kilos at the game today? I doubt it. Considine, as usual was immense as was O'Connor. I like the way O'Connor has come out of his shell and is now always communicating and ordering others around. I enjoyed the match very much, but . . . With fast forward players waiting for a through ball, why oh why was the ball passed back so often - all the way back to Lewis. Good 3 points but with a bit of luck for the County it could have easily been 2-2 or worse. That County shot that nearly broke the bar near the end was a cracker. Great turn out by thea Dandies as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by deargdearg View Post
    What is all this shouting for Arnason? The only time he started, he was rank rottena nd had to be taken off. Was 87kilos at the game today? I doubt it. Considine, as usual was immense as was O'Connor. I like the way O'Connor has come out of his shell and is now always communicating and ordering others around. I enjoyed the match very much, but . . . With fast forward players waiting for a through ball, why oh why was the ball passed back so often - all the way back to Lewis. Good 3 points but with a bit of luck for the County it could have easily been 2-2 or worse. That County shot that nearly broke the bar near the end was a cracker. Great turn out by thea Dandies as usual.
    Because Reynolds and O'Conner have looked really dodgy together,Plus we supposedly paid 90k to get Arnason out of his contract so what's the point if McInnes isn't going to play him.

I didn't think he was great against Hamilton last week but Taylor put in worse performances week in week out and got picked regularly.I like Reynolds but he has been poor as well so why not give Arnason a run of games?
    Last edited by rico94; 12-08-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deargdearg View Post
    Read what I have said about O'Connor again. So the pass back by Considine that O'Connor had to make a superb last ditch tackle didn't happen?

Considine is average at best. Weakest link in our side by quite some margin.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast