+ Visit Rotherham United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Moore on a permanent transfer

  1. #1

    Moore on a permanent transfer

    Think we should put a bid in for Moore with some of the Danny Ward money because we might not get him the full season what are your thoughts?

  2. #2
    He's got 11 month left on his contract. Not sure if he has extension clause

  3. #3
    If loan terms are agreed can it be made permanent. Ipswich won't sell him. If he was crap they would have released him. They can't lose in this situation. Caytonmiller. He's under 24 so wouldn't go for nothing anyway.

  4. #4
    To think they only paid 20,000 for him...phff!

    At his goal scoring rate he'll go to the highest bidding team, Ipswich will make sure that happens.

  5. #5
    Not just his goal scoring rate though Brin, he's got fantastic close ball skills for such a big bloke, he controls a ball 7 foot in the air with his head brings it down with his chest and his close foot control is amazing for a such a man mountain.

    I've only seen him play twice so I may be overreacting but evidence so far he looks like being our best ever loanee.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Not just his goal scoring rate though Brin, he's got fantastic close ball skills for such a big bloke, he controls a ball 7 foot in the air with his head brings it down with his chest and his close foot control is amazing for a such a man mountain.

    I've only seen him play twice so I may be overreacting but evidence so far he looks like being our best ever loanee.
    Yes pal my lad has said much the same on his report to me today. Trust the Mrs enjoyed her day at the match today

  7. #7
    She's still buzzing Brin thanks mate, we both are :-D

  8. #8
    Well, we could do worse. Unusual to have a player of his physique who is also good on the deck. If he carries on like this, Mick will have him back in Jan and we need to at least have a Plan B and C lined up, even if that is to get him on a perm.. Early days I know, but looking promising thus far

  9. #9
    Best thing we can hope for is Ipswich keep scoring and winning.

  10. #10
    If we are serious about building for a decent future, this is a player we should spend good money on.

  11. #11
    One good game doesn't make a player fantastic,however, based on that performance both McCarthy and Ipswich will be more focused on him now.

    IF Warne is serious then take in a few more games with Moore and only then put in a realistic offer and not some embarrassing piddling cheeky bid.

    If they decide he's not for sale just yet then let our intentions be known, after all we are the club that's taken him on til January for them in order to improve his physical fitness and to improve his game.

  12. #12
    Warnes is a Canary.
    That's why PW forced D Ward to go to Cardiff rather than Portman Road.
    It's all about the turnip derby and we're caught in the crossfire.
    No chance of selling to us.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,575
    He got an 18 month contract in January reported for 10,000, if he carries on like he is then I'd expect a very high price tag put on his head plus there's more than likely a sell on clause
    Last edited by millertop; 13-08-2017 at 09:28 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Warnes is a Canary.
    That's why PW forced D Ward to go to Cardiff rather than Portman Road.
    It's all about the turnip derby and we're caught in the crossfire.
    No chance of selling to us.
    If you think managers force players to go to certain clubs these days then you are sadly mistaken. With the way agents act in today's market there is only one man that dictates which club they end up at, and it's which ever lines the agents pocket more.

  15. #15
    err........it was meant to be tongue in cheek

  16. #16
    Get a grip yer whoppers. He's done nowt owt note in his career. Played well for us in a few preseason games an yesterday. Maybe the cliche of a player that is suited to a club?

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Get a grip yer whoppers. He's done nowt owt note in his career. Played well for us in a few preseason games an yesterday. Maybe the cliche of a player that is suited to a club?
    That could be true, but compared to what we paid for Blackstock?

    Hmmmmm........

  18. #18
    Don't think Stewart will ever go anywhere near another reputed 10,000 a week player

  19. #19
    Got it wrong Moore is 25 so if he's only got a year left on his contract can leave for nothing. Can we put a bid in?: loan terms. If we can why not. If he scores regularly up till January Ipswich could want him back or be others interested in him.

  20. #20
    It doesn't work like that GWRU
    Danny Ward was 25 but the club had the option of another year. If Moore has the same he could have 20 month left on his contract...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •