+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings vs Chesterfield

Match ratings vs Chesterfield

Collin - 6.5 - Not much to do

Tootle - 6.5 - Steady
    Jones - 6.5 - Nervy early on but improved, poor set pieces though
    Duffy - 6.5 - Solid
    Brisley - 7 - Solid, what we've been missing

Hawkridge - 7.5 - Lively, some nice touches, covered plenty of ground
    Allesandra - 6 - Quiet game, lost possession too often
    Hewitt - 6.5 - Still not convinced, little impact going forwards
    Yates - 7 - Some misplaced passes early on but plenty of good tackles and 50/50 wins, again what we've been missing

Ameobi - 6.5 - Usual handful
    Stead - 6 - Still not convinced, should have scored when 1 on 1

Subs:

Grant - 8 - Class as ever, needs to start
    Forte - 6 - Not strong enough
    Walker - 6 - No impact - scoreboard said Lewis Walker for some reason?!

Watched half the game (thanks to iFollow...grrr)....first impressions

Collin mixed up his kicks with rolling the ball out to mainly Jones.....he still kicks too many balls directly to the oppo keeper.
    Jones, much better game, some great runs down the wing
    Jorge, why oh why doesn't he start the match....guy is awesome
    Stead, looked knackered....he should have slammed a goal home one-on-one with the keeper....no pace
    Shola, some decent knockdowns despite being double-marked by Chessie
    Forte looked ok coming on....almost got on the end of a few
    Hawk, I like this guy...busy and fast

Chesterfield, nothing really to offer....niggly and nasty at times.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Jorge, why oh why doesn't he start the match....guy is awesome
    Think it's a fittnes/injury with Grant. He's obviously our best player so think he'd be the first name on the teamsheet if fit.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Think it's a fittnes/injury with Grant. He's obviously our best player so think he'd be the first name on the teamsheet if fit.
    Jeepers, imagine what he'll be like when he's fit!

I'm pleased for Jones today after the 'mare at Coventry.....looked a different player even though Chessy didn't really attack down that side too often.

Collin - 5.5 - Not much to do, but atrocious kicking and severe reluctance to roll the ball out!

Tootle - 6.5 - Steady, no major issues.
    Jones - 5.5 - Nervy early on but improved a little. Still the weak link in the back four. Get a fit Dicko in. Not a free kick taker!!!
    Duffy - 6.5 - Solid game. Looks good partnering...
    Brisley - 7 - Solid, what we've been missing

Hawkridge - 7.5 - Lively and wanting to be in the game as much as poss. Well played!
    Allesandra - 6 - Quiet game, lost possession too often
    Hewitt - 6 - Not convinced he is offering alot at all. Get Milsom back in please!
    Yates - 7.5 - What we've been missing. Read the game well and put himself about a bit!
    Ameobi - 6.5 - Usual game from him.
    Stead - 6 - With him and Am up front we don't offer anything different and Stead looked the weaker of the pair today. Should have scored when 1 on 1

Subs:

Grant - 8 - Class as ever, needs to start every game if poss. The X factor we needed.
    Forte - 6 - Not sure he is the answer tbh. We need a new marque signing striker imo.
    Walker - 6 - Steady for the short time he was on.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Collin - 5.5 - Not much to do, but atrocious kicking and severe reluctance to roll the ball out!
    He kicked the ball out of play once, everything else was fine and he got a b*llocking for throwing the ball out at one point in the second half and was told specifically to ignore the crowd, not sure why Notts fans can't seem to grasp the fact that he's doing what he's told to do?

Edit: Oh he did kick the ball straight up twice actually to be fair, I still wouldn't say it was atrocious overall though, I'd say 3 bad kicks total out of god knows how many he did all game isn't anything to get too upset about.
    Last edited by Freeman25; 12-08-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    He kicked the ball out of play once, everything else was fine and he got a b*llocking for throwing the ball out at one point in the second half and was told specifically to ignore the crowd, not sure why Notts fans can't seem to grasp the fact that he's doing what he's told to do?
    If you mean he kept in on the field, then yes he did. Actually kick constructively ? then nope. And I saw quite a few *******ings from Norm and KN aimed his way for not rolling the ball out quickly. He slowed the play down and kicked aimlessly!

Good to get first win on the board, but flick me sideways, we were poor at times.

Only Hawkridge, Grant and maybe Forte came out of that with any credit. Nolan was happy with the clean sheet, I still thought we looked vulnerable at the back, and marginally better sides than Chesterfield won't have any trouble carving us open.

Hewitt isn't a midfielder in a million years and the decision to give Stead a new contract is looking worse with every game. Past it.

Chesterfield were awful with 11 and terrible with 10, but the sending off was a joke. Can't wait to start with our strongest team, presumably with a new striker in before the end of August.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    If you mean he kept in on the field, then yes he did. Actually kick constructively ? then nope. And I saw quite a few *******ings from Norm and KN aimed his way for not rolling the ball out quickly. He slowed the play down and kicked aimlessly!
    You might have misunderstood, he was moaning at the defence for not pushing up quick enough and explicitly told Collin to ignore the crowd on the occasion where Collin seemed to argue back with him. There's no way he'd tell him to do things quicker, we were up 1-0 and he'd been telling him to slow it down all game consistently.

BFP - What about the red was a joke? They should have had 3 reds, the assault on Hewitt, the foul on Hawkridge when he was clean through (whether he'd have got the ball or not) and then the most blatant of them all when Forte was tripped at the end as he was going clean through.

Now I'm getting the idea of the type of football Nolan wants to play, I'm beginning to understand why he favours Hewitt. Elliott isn't a great footballer, but he's tall and physical in midfield and has a long throw into the box. He'll probably turn in loads of 6/10 performances which don't catch anybody's eye, but is probably doing exactly what the manager wants him to do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast