+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T - Notts Crush Derbyshire

O/T - Notts Crush Derbyshire

Great performance by Notts today, getting 9 Derbyshire wickets in 4 and a half hours after lunch, with Brett Hutton taking two 5 fors in the match. They’re beginning to open up a gap at the top of the table.

I thought the weather might be the winner after yesterday, and did wonder how much effort the Derbyshire groundstaff would put in to make the pitch playable, as most of the other games were abandoned. Back to T20 on Friday, and still a chance of 3 Trophies this season!

We have a good squad this year and I'm pleased for young Hutton, I feel there's a chance for this lad to get 'noticed' in the near future.

Regarding Halesy and the Test team......... If he fancies batting at 4 or 5 I can't see why he can't be fitted in. Rooty is a good enough player to open with Cook ....or even Jonny Bairstow (very solid) could solve the problem. I don't think the following order would let us down i.e. Cook, Bairstow, Root, Westley, Hales, Stokes, Ali, Woakes, R-Jones, Broad, Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    We have a good squad this year and I'm pleased for young Hutton, I feel there's a chance for this lad to get 'noticed' in the near future.

Regarding Halesy and the Test team......... If he fancies batting at 4 or 5 I can't see why he can't be fitted in. Rooty is a good enough player to open with Cook ....or even Jonny Bairstow (very solid) could solve the problem. I don't think the following order would let us down i.e. Cook, Bairstow, Root, Westley, Hales, Stokes, Ali, Woakes, R-Jones, Broad, Anderson.
    I don't think we need six bowlers including five right arm seamers. For the Ashes we need to choose between Roland-Jones and Woakes. Also, the first thing a test keeper should be doing once the oppo is all out is putting his feet up for at least a couple of hours so not to Jonny opening. Stoneman to open, Jonny at 7 and either CW or TR-J to 12.

I'd be glad to see the back of both Jennings and Malan and I'd like to see Hales bat at 5. His technique is unsuited to test opening but ideal for 5. I have a major concern about Westley. Whilst he has certainly done okay so far his technique is absolutely horrible. If he makes it Oz, and I think he'll start, I shall open a spread betting account just to sell every batting stat they offer. The Aussies will sort him out completely if he doesn't sort himself before he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by them0uf View Post
    I don't think we need six bowlers including five right arm seamers. For the Ashes we need to choose between Roland-Jones and Woakes. Also, the first thing a test keeper should be doing once the oppo is all out is putting his feet up for at least a couple of hours so not to Jonny opening. Stoneman to open, Jonny at 7 and either CW or TR-J to 12.

I'd be glad to see the back of both Jennings and Malan and I'd like to see Hales bat at 5. His technique is unsuited to test opening but ideal for 5. I have a major concern about Westley. Whilst he has certainly done okay so far his technique is absolutely horrible. If he makes it Oz, and I think he'll start, I shall open a spread betting account just to sell every batting stat they offer. The Aussies will sort him out completely if he doesn't sort himself before he goes.
    Don't forget Alec Stewart opened and kept wicket for many series without a problem!

I agree with you about Jennings and Malan but my suggested team was for the Windies tests - not the Ashes tour. I think I'd generally go along with you regarding the Oz trip and we'd be taking about 16 anyway. We'd take another spinner and standby 'keeper (possibly Rachid and Buttler) and add Stoneman, Hales and another batter (possibly Hamed?) to make up the party. To be honest I think we have a good enough squad to beat the Aussies in their own backyard providing that that Anderson and Broad can perform well for one more time. Our batting I have no problem with.

Good win by the Outlaws in the T20 last night, even without Hales contributing this time.

Derbyshire could be our main rivals if they win their game in hand against bottom team Durham.

Then, coincidentally, both Notts and Derbys last two games are against Worcestershire and Leicestershire.

Another good win today, credit this time to the bowlers who defended what looked a poor Notts total of just 145 to beat Worcs by 11 runs.
    This win guarantees that Notts top the group, so a home tie for the quarter final. Still a chance of the treble!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Another good win today, credit this time to the bowlers who defended what looked a poor Notts total of just 145 to beat Worcs by 11 runs.
    This win guarantees that Notts top the group, so a home tie for the quarter final. Still a chance of the treble!
    Looking good - promotion is the main target but the whole side is performing well so the treble is on.