+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brentford game

Brentford game

Andreas was awesome. Who said be wary of Greeks bearing gifts?

One a side note, it would be nice to get Basie's views on the season thus far

So far we've played two teams that I think will be in the bottom half, so not too giddy about the wins.

That said, we are picking up wins and still have a big margin to improve, if Warbs can decide on his best XI and settle on a system.

Hopefully we may be in for an easier April than we had last season!

How we perform against Boro will give us a better understanding of our strengths and weakness. Hopefully more of the former and less of the latter.
    That said, we're still not good at defending. The inescapable style of 2 or sometimes 3 players going after 1 attacker or back pedalling yet not biting, all these still remains.
    But still, Warburton knows how to put out a side and realises the key importance of winning midfield, this augurs well. Although I'm still far from convinced that his idea of letting players like Clough, Osborn and others, come out full steam ahead until they're tired before replacing them.
    We would need to have the game in the bag by then, if not a more experienced or better side, would just sit back and absorb and then wait for minute 65 or 70, before hitting the accelerator and just brush aside our weakening resolve. Tactically astute, unpredictable, selecting the right players for each game and the requisite substitution are some areas, I hope he comes to grip quickly.

However after 2 league games, 1 League Cup and a good pre-season, I quite confident to say, that we won't have the relegation fears of last term.