+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football emotions....

Football emotions....

Saturday 5th August 17.00pm and more than enough millers fans were feeling the trip to Fleetwood was a waste of time.

Emotions hit the millersmad board with the expected 'Warne out, he's clueless' postings. Now fast forward to today and we hammer Southend 5 - 0.

Suddenly the world is alright again as we sit 7th and the fickle amongst us think Warne's the next England Manager in the making. Such is football and how emotions can spin on a sixpence or, 2 and a half pence, you older one's know what I mean.

IF the momentum continues when we visit Posh next Saturday then cries of of auto will be banded about as the non realists think we're Real Madrid. Yes this board will bounce about with emotional comment and content and that's why we all love Football.

Having missed the Barnsley, Fleetwood and today's game I cannot comment at all on anyone's performance but one player's name keeps rising above all others and that is Joe Newell. For me this lad will have bids on him come January if he keeps up the form he is currently showing, thing is if that happens will Stewart have the balls not to sell him?

I didn't go to Fleetwood Brin or any of the friendlies so I can only go on today and the Lincoln match and the guy's been immense! Wether he's just putting himself in the shop window or wether he's just back to gill fitness I don't know but I'm hoping it's the latter.

Yep Joe Newall looks like the Joe Newall of 2 seasons ago. I'm fuming. He was my chosen scapegoat for this season. Looks like it'll have to be the keeper now ffs

Maybe he's better this season because we're in a much weaker division.

Fans forget how good Newell was until he picked an injury up which yes (might be a surprise to some) it's took him a while to get over it.

He was that good in championship for us that I had him to be top scorer before his injury, maybe he could be up there this season.

Scoring yesterday will have put even more confidence in him, he's good and he knows he is.

Keep it up Joe

We'll struggle to keep him if he carries on like he is.

Football emotions? Yes I was pissed off at Fleetwood (rubbish) happy with the two win games obviously and no I didn't ask for Warney's head
    Last edited by millertop; 13-08-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Difficult not to give Moore MOM yesterday but I thought Newell was a very close second.

Is this to simple but offer Newell a long contract with improved terms if we go up. I know we're in a league lower but he's lasting the game out, he weren't last season. But know he started late last season was never totally fit.
    Last edited by gwru; 13-08-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Saturday 5th August 17.00pm and more than enough millers fans were feeling the trip to Fleetwood was a waste of time.

Emotions hit the millersmad board with the expected 'Warne out, he's clueless' postings. Now fast forward to today and we hammer Southend 5 - 0.

Suddenly the world is alright again as we sit 7th and the fickle amongst us think Warne's the next England Manager in the making. Such is football and how emotions can spin on a sixpence or, 2 and a half pence, you older one's know what I mean.

IF the momentum continues when we visit Posh next Saturday then cries of of auto will be banded about as the non realists think we're Real Madrid. Yes this board will bounce about with emotional comment and content and that's why we all love Football.

Having missed the Barnsley, Fleetwood and today's game I cannot comment at all on anyone's performance but one player's name keeps rising above all others and that is Joe Newell. For me this lad will have bids on him come January if he keeps up the form he is currently showing, thing is if that happens will Stewart have the balls not to sell him?
    There might well be bids in for him before the end of this month if he carries on like he is doing.

brin, I think you have to assess the post-Fleetwood reactions in the context of last season. A fairly poor performance seemed to point to another disappointing season. Yesterday suggested better things and if my doom-laden predictions are proved hopelessly wrong I shall be very happy indeed.

Man of match for me was Williams he scored but the amount of times he and potter got ball off Southend and played it down the pitch was awesome do not alter that midfield warne or the posse will have words

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast