+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PL - Table after fixtures of 13/8/17

PL - Table after fixtures of 13/8/17

PL - Table after fixtures of 13/8/17.

Please check (and, errr, let me know, like!) for errors and omissions. Remember, as both a twenty year bond holding Leeds fan and a New England Patriots season ticket holder, I'm barely human and the stresses and strains of both literally and figuratively using my cranium to enter your incredibly well-considered scores isn't always as accurate as it might be. Oh, and it hurts too.

Table is in format:- poster/previous total/weekly score/new total/status.

Orgoner / 9 / 18 / 27 / Active
    Hgatenasty / 9 / 12 / 21 / Active
    Silentman / 6 / 15 / 21 / Active
    CalverleyBoy / 3 / 15 / 18 / Active
    Carp / 9 / 9 / 18 / Active
    Lufcjohn88 / 6 / 12 / 18 / Active
    Tichi1 / 9 / 9 / 18 / Active
    Dalek / 3 / 12 / 15 / Active
    Espaņablanco73 / 6 / 9 / 15 / Active
    Fredlufc74 / 9 / 6 / 15 / Active
    Gupt13 / 6 / 9 / 15 / Active
    MORRIM / 0 / 15 / 15 / Active
    T_bird7982 / 6 / 9 / 15 / Active
    Homer / 6 / 6 / 12 / Permanent
    Lasher / 6 / 6 / 12 / Active
    Pilgrimwhite / 0 / 12 / 12 / Returning
    Yeboah01 / 0 / 12 / 12 / Returning
    Belper69Ram / 3 / 6 / 9 / Active
    Johnny_Default / 6 / 3 / 9 / Permanent
    Pissbelly / 3 / 6 / 9 / Active
    Whitestomper45 / 3 / 6 / 9 / Active
    Davee59 / 3 / 3 / 6 / Strike 1
    Lufc74 / 3 / 3 / 6 / Strike 1
    Denver11 / 0 / 3 / 3 / Active
    Howie / 0 / 3 / 3 / Permanent

The remaining "Big Boys" finally showed up to play this week and I reckon a few must've still been lagered up from their summer jollies in Bognor Regis as their on-field discipline was clearly lacking.

Proof that even a half-blind squirrel will occasionally find some nuts was *cough * Orgoner (OEEO) * cough *, who picked up eigh**** points out of the available twenty four, with two exact scorelines and a couple of "almost" exact scorelines. I won't doing it again any time soon, promise!

Nasty's (xxEE) new totally blind squirrel approach also worked: he joined MORRIM (OExE), Pilgrimwhite (OExO), Silentman (OEOO) and Yeboah01 (OxOE) on twelve weekly points. With the right games, this laissez faire strategy could work every week.

Orgoner tops the "it's a marathon not a sprint, more's the pity" table. where he sits six ahead of last season's champion, Nasty, and perennial contender, Silentman.

We did have a couple of early absentee posters (maybe Davee didn't want to jinx his beloved Spurs?), but a couple of returning Newbies also reappeared.

There was one draw, so any Strike One, Strike Two or Strike Three posters did, or would've, scored three, two or one for their total lack of effort and Johnny_Default moves to nine points for the season.

The results:-

(PL) Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur (0-2)
    (C) Millwall v Bolton Wanderers (1-1)
    (L1) Plymouth Argyle v Charlton Athletic (2-0)
    (L2) Mansfield Town v Forest Green Rovers City (2-0)

The next set of fixtures is out as a separate thread.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    PL - Table after fixtures of 13/8/17.

Please check (and, errr, let me know, like!) for errors and omissions. Remember, as both a twenty year bond holding Leeds fan and a New England Patriots season ticket holder, I'm barely human and the stresses and strains of both literally and figuratively using my cranium to enter your incredibly well-considered scores isn't always as accurate as it might be. Oh, and it hurts too.

Table is in format:- poster/previous total/weekly score/new total/status.

Orgoner / 9 / 18 / 27 / Active
    Hgatenasty / 9 / 12 / 21 / Active
    Silentman / 6 / 15 / 21 / Active
    CalverleyBoy / 3 / 15 / 18 / Active
    Carp / 9 / 9 / 18 / Active
    Lufcjohn88 / 6 / 12 / 18 / Active
    Tichi1 / 9 / 9 / 18 / Active
    Dalek / 3 / 12 / 15 / Active
    Espaņablanco73 / 6 / 9 / 15 / Active
    Fredlufc74 / 9 / 6 / 15 / Active
    Gupt13 / 6 / 9 / 15 / Active
    MORRIM / 0 / 15 / 15 / Active
    T_bird7982 / 6 / 9 / 15 / Active
    Homer / 6 / 6 / 12 / Permanent
    Lasher / 6 / 6 / 12 / Active
    Pilgrimwhite / 0 / 12 / 12 / Returning
    Yeboah01 / 0 / 12 / 12 / Returning
    Belper69Ram / 3 / 6 / 9 / Active
    Johnny_Default / 6 / 3 / 9 / Permanent
    Pissbelly / 3 / 6 / 9 / Active
    Whitestomper45 / 3 / 6 / 9 / Active
    Davee59 / 3 / 3 / 6 / Strike 1
    Lufc74 / 3 / 3 / 6 / Strike 1
    Denver11 / 0 / 3 / 3 / Active
    Howie / 0 / 3 / 3 / Permanent

The remaining "Big Boys" finally showed up to play this week and I reckon a few must've still been lagered up from their summer jollies in Bognor Regis as their on-field discipline was clearly lacking.

Proof that even a half-blind squirrel will occasionally find some nuts was *cough * Orgoner (OEEO) * cough *, who picked up eigh**** points out of the available twenty four, with two exact scorelines and a couple of "almost" exact scorelines. I won't doing it again any time soon, promise!

Nasty's (xxEE) new totally blind squirrel approach also worked: he joined MORRIM (OExE), Pilgrimwhite (OExO), Silentman (OEOO) and Yeboah01 (OxOE) on twelve weekly points. With the right games, this laissez faire strategy could work every week.

Orgoner tops the "it's a marathon not a sprint, more's the pity" table. where he sits six ahead of last season's champion, Nasty, and perennial contender, Silentman.

We did have a couple of early absentee posters (maybe Davee didn't want to jinx his beloved Spurs?), but a couple of returning Newbies also reappeared.

There was one draw, so any Strike One, Strike Two or Strike Three posters did, or would've, scored three, two or one for their total lack of effort and Johnny_Default moves to nine points for the season.

The results:-

(PL) Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur (0-2)
    (C) Millwall v Bolton Wanderers (1-1)
    (L1) Plymouth Argyle v Charlton Athletic (2-0)
    (L2) Mansfield Town v Forest Green Rovers City (2-0)

The next set of fixtures is out as a separate thread.

Good luck!

Er, not sulking or owt, but does my 15 points not get a mention :-(

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Er, not sulking or owt, but does my 15 points not get a mention :-(
    Oops! I was obviously far too excited by my eigh****....

CalverleyBoy (EExO) was easily the best of our Berkshire-based posters and, were it not for some dubious moderating (isn't it always), would be currently being paraded around the streets of Windsor before tea and cucumber sarnies with the Queen and the chance to walk the corgi of his choice (or Prince Phillip). He's well flipping ace and that, he really is.

Nasty, Pilgrim and Yeboah shouldn't even have been mentioned.

I blame Russian hackers.

* Is surprised anyone reads this *

Last edited by Orgoner; 14-08-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Berkshire? OK enough you have made up for error, my big moment ruined though

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Berkshire? OK enough you have made up for error, my big moment ruined though
    I guess you could have Europe?

I think you will find that at least two outscored hgtenasty by three points, come on orgs get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by MORRIM View Post
    I think you will find that at least two outscored hgtenasty by three points, come on orgs get a grip
    I'm usually accused of doing too much gripping.

You're all winners. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I'm usually accused of doing too much gripping.

You're all winners. Or something like that.
    Org's you are OK with me I appreciate the pressures of managing such operations :-)

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)