+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thoughts about Ipswich

Thoughts about Ipswich

Mrs Jules said that Angus was going to get found out without Roberts at his side.
    I'm afraid she is right ( as she thinks she always is.... about everything.
    The Captain he isn't. Again today the goals went in and his head dropped. After their first went in his head went down and the job was done. A captain shout, points, cajoles, and rallies. I saw non of that today.
    What I did see was a few green shoots. A good performance from Macarthy ( Ours as well as theirs) good handling from Davies, and a decent performance from Pearson too.
    Moncur was a five, signs are he is thinking he's a shoe in for a start every week.........Needs a kick up the rse , Ugbo a four...,three games in seven days showed.
    Bradders a 6. (Good finish and despite what fowk said about him blowing out of his @rse I thought he was towing his tripe out.
    Hammil was good for me today. Tackling with venom,timed tackles and not his usual " I've lost it so I'll wade in with a leg and hope"
    Again some deft moves and flowing football, and that encouraged me.a lot
    After last week at Bristol when I can't remember three passes being strung together properly and intently today ther was some decent flow. ......football wise, and not Acorn Blonde assisted I mean!,,,
    Yiadom? Nah... not missed today.
    With a few players back, and a chance for Mallon we will pick up. The signs were there.
    Williams has taken some stick in some threads, but we need to stick with him.....
    Young Harvey showed a few good touches and I predict he'll score a few.
    Question.? How many times does a corner or free kick end up at the back post unchallenged ? .... why don't we put a man running in?

Green shoots today....don't rule out Potts becoming another Marley. It's early.

The green shoots for me jules is a competitive 0-0 draw on tuesday night rather than a streaky 3-2 win .

Probably sounds ridiculous but unless we stop shipping goals at well over two a game we are going to struggle mate .

At the current rate we will concede near to 95 and score 46 , fairly obvious where we are going if that continues .

Lindsay may come in and add some steel but I think the whole emphasis this side of xmas should be to become very tight and solid and we work from there .

It's becoming ever more apparent that Bradshaw has to be the 12 to 15 man and supported by the rest , Thiam isn't a goal scorer but more the chip in man who contributes more in other areas .

It's ***** this team becomes mean and we live and die by clean sheets .

The free scoring team before last xmas is behind us and we need to concentrate our efforts accordingly .

Am still of the view that we should wait ten games to see which of the new lads are first team "regulars" and which are not ready or cannot perform at this level. My new season ticket lost it's virginity yesterday with a ping of the gateperson's wand and I bought a 50-50 from the lass at the corner. All set.

Av allus regarded Ipswich as the benchmark of the second tier. They ev good and bad seasons but they're allus theear. First 20 mins we wo all ovva 'em, should a been deservedly 2-0 up instead of the one. Played well resta heyf.

Second heyf Macca old manned us bringing on the experienced Waghorn and MaGoldrick up front. The rest seemed inevitable as the soft centre of our defence floundered. Pearson ed a torrid introduction to the Championship from their fast big black lad No2. Poor decisions to tek off Bradshaw, Hammill and Hedges who all were laikin well. Never looked like scooaring after that.

The blue and whites down the road got promoted with a minus goal difference last season. we've all screamed for strikers but it may be the back line we have to replace.
    Still, I'm more optimistic than a week ago.

Never looked like scoring after that. Play it back we did

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Never looked like scoring after that. Play it back we did
    A wo theear Poggs. Dunt need to play the highlights back. " Never looked like scooaring" is a general expression, not to be taken literally.Of course we ed the odd heyf chance in the last 20 minutes. Al change it to "The opportunities arising to score a goal were significantly reduced".

We shud b beertin teeums like them !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A wo theear Poggs. Dunt need to play the highlights back. " Never looked like scooaring" is a general expression, not to be taken literally.Of course we ed the odd heyf chance in the last 20 minutes. Al change it to "The opportunities arising to score a goal were significantly reduced".
    I was there as well!
    We had more chances then them a fact!

Agree, average side them, 3 points dropped. 6 points clear of us now let's see how the final standings stack up.
    If MaGoldrick gets injured then they will have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    I was there as well!
    We had more chances then them a fact!
    Macca did ev them lined up defensively in the closing stages to manage the game and stop us creating chances. A still can't recall gerrin excited towards the end at all these chances we had and were missing. A Hammillesque curler from Barnes is all a can remember. The old Alzheimers must be kicking in ageean.