+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ex-Dross

I'm currently working in Colin Woodthorpes hometown of Ellesmere Port. Possibly the worst sh1te hole I've ever been in. If I see him, I'll pass on everyone's regards

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I'm currently working in Colin Woodthorpes hometown of Ellesmere Port. Possibly the worst sh1te hole I've ever been in. If I see him, I'll pass on everyone's regards
    He played in that early to mid 90's era where it seemed to be fashionable to single a player out not just to intimidate them but to really hurt them, it was generally the skillful ones who took the real brunt. We had many who fell victim to thugs mascarading as footballers and thankfully despite cheating on a wider scale of late, players and managers dont seem to have that same twisted mentality as back then.

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    Colin Woodthorpe wasn't a bad player, he took some horrendous challenges as players saw him as a target for some reason and was branded injury prone for his trouble. Spoke to him a few years back at a function and all he has to say about his time here was positive.

Keith Edwards was finished by the time he got to us, he scored an absolute shed load of goals in the English lower leagues but his legs had gone a few seasons earlier at Leeds (according to my Leeds supporting mate at the time). Think he is still amongst the top scorers down south at diddy level. It was also the start of signing English players who were past their best which we hadn't been used to. Think he scored in one of the few matches he played in, but was a big disappointment as it was seen at the time as a big signing (even tho we got him for feck all)

I defy anyone to defend Keith Hackett tho
    Goram fkd him in front of the Beach End midweek night match if i recall correctly.His best days were at Sheff Utd mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Gary Smith was a liability. I thought he would have come back a better player from France but didn't. Probably walk into our team now and be our best defender but back then he was he weakest link.
    He was good in his first spell when he played alongside Irvine or McLeish but he was pysh in his 2nd spell when he was one of the more experienced players in the team.

Tiernan. Martins laddie Jamie. Who was the duff midfielder now playing at Formartine. And Soutar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    My old work had an office there. The Ports got nothing on Widnes which is close. Get in a taxi and go for a pint.

Someone left the gate open at the local mutant farm there

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    My old work had an office there. The Ports got nothing on Widnes which is close. Get in a taxi and go for a pint.

Someone left the gate open at the local mutant farm there
    I was staying in Widnes last week, in a hotel right under that bridge. Absolutely minging but like be Beverley Hills compared to Ellesmere Port. Mind you, that was the only bit of Widnes i saw. Maybe that was the good bit.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567