+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rekeem Harper

Rekeem Harper

I have been a little surprised about the lack of comment/enthusiasm on the 20 minutes or so from young Harper.

I suspect that TP would like to send Field, Harper, Leko and Wilson out on loan and IF he gets his 5 new signings I worry that he may do that, depending upon how many others (Chadli? Rondon?) leave.

I for one would like to see all 4 of these young lads stay and be given more starts. Worry is that if they go, supposedly for experience, then we will never see them again anyway.

Give the kids a chance to see what they can do.

Interesting that you raise this one, I was definitely keen to see more of Harper, infact I was a bit aggrieved to have to leave the ground when I wanted to see more of him. From the bit I saw I would like to see him be given more game time, sadly, given the stakes I doubt that will happen. I tend to share the same sentiment as Prando in the 'Decent Debut's' thread, Pulis was trying to make a point yesterday to Lai and Co regarding our need for reinforcements. Going on yesterday's performance and result you would think there is little to be concerned about but as we all know a couple of injuries to go with our 'other' problems (Chadli and Rondon) then things could soon take a down turn.

Regarding Field, it's hard to criticise such a young lad but I think he needs to be loaned out for his own good. Personally I thought he looks a bit leggy and lacks the sharpness and snap required at this standard. Aside from that I wish him well and look forward to seeing us hang on to him with a view to judging him again in say, two years from now once he has had more first team, competitive game time elsewhere. With Field, Brian Robson springs to mind, feed him up on Guinness and steak!

I thought Sam Field had a decent game and I believe it was Harper that played Rondon through for the injury time chance. Again, promising.

As my son was away on holiday, I took a mate to the match and he couldn't believe the number of people leaving the ground long before the end. Winning by 1-0 in what was quite an entertaining game and people leave 10 minutes or more before the end, amazing. Add on stoppage time and they are missing 15 minutes or more of the match and in a game like yesterday's, missing the pleasure of celebrating the win when the final whistle is blown!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I thought Sam Field had a decent game and I believe it was Harper that played Rondon through for the injury time chance. Again, promising.

As my son was away on holiday, I took a mate to the match and he couldn't believe the number of people leaving the ground long before the end. Winning by 1-0 in what was quite an entertaining game and people leave 10 minutes or more before the end, amazing. Add on stoppage time and they are missing 15 minutes or more of the match and in a game like yesterday's, missing the pleasure of celebrating the win when the final whistle is blown!
    Believe me I would love nothing more than to stop until the end and celebrate with the rest, years ago I always did. My travelling circumstances dictate otherwise nowadays I'm afraid.

AS you Yarm buddy, I also felt Harper was not as committed as I would have wished, but understand given his age and maybe match circumstances. (Essential not to risk anything and do the basics in line with TP's instructions)
    Undoubted talent though and an exciting prospect.
    To get the call in front of Chadli says loads...?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post

What annoys me about some of the early leavers is when they walk down the gangways then stop to watch some action obstructing the view of those staying to the end of the game and when asked to move on act all belligerent saying we paid our money and we'll do as we f**cking well want

I was very surprised to see Harper come on with the game still very much in the balance. Guessing I'd say he must have shown up well in pre season. He didn't appear to get involved in the game much but was on hand a couple of times when we launched late counter attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Believe me I would love nothing more than to stop until the end and celebrate with the rest, years ago I always did. My travelling circumstances dictate otherwise nowadays I'm afraid.
    Like the avatar Minn

Quality ay it Q! 😎👌🏻

Name:  IMG_0782.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  82.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Like the avatar Minn

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Quality ay it Q! ������

Name:  IMG_0782.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  82.8 KB
    I hadn't realised Robson & Bomber were that camp!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)