+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Fulham ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Thought Wiedwald and Shaughnessy played well, some decent chances attacking but not with the quality end product, wood was dreaming of his Burnley flat instead of scoring one of his hattrick of chances, it's another clean sheet, this time against a team some folk said were the best in the division who didn't get promoted, and they finished above us. End of the season when the points are totaled up, it doesn't matter whether the wins and draws are at home or away, it's the total that matters, still a better start than last season, still unbeaten, some other teams fecking up that were expected to do well, need the transfer window shut now so wood can get back to scoring goals for Leeds! MOT!!!
    "a flat" .. Iff he carries on firing blanks, a tent will suffice.. Offer him a payrise and keep him, we both win.

cant see how last night can be described as dreadful in any way shape or form, our inistance with last years 2 man midfield meant that we started the game,up to 20 mins getting the run around as we did against Preston, but once the other attacking players decided to up the work rate, we were dominant,if not leathal. Saiz, hernandez,Alioski, Anita, Okane and phillips were immense last night.Just a shame we couldnt top it off with a goal. All these foreigners are beginning to adjust to the demands of the FL.
    Deadful, no.

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    cant see how last night can be described as dreadful in any way shape or form, our inistance with last years 2 man midfield meant that we started the game,up to 20 mins getting the run around as we did against Preston, but once the other attacking players decided to up the work rate, we were dominant,if not leathal. Saiz, hernandez,Alioski, Anita, Okane and phillips were immense last night.Just a shame we couldnt top it off with a goal. All these foreigners are beginning to adjust to the demands of the FL.
    Deadful, no.
    "Dominant, lethal, immense", and I get accused of not watching the match!

At one stage we were at just under 40% possession, finished on 44%, and that with a midfield that is so much better than last season? We had one shot in 90 minutes on goal, and less than 2/3 of the shots in total of our opposition (which isn't saying much, given that they only mustered 15).

Wood has either had his head turned or (more optimistically if fantastical), is missing opportunities to put PL clubs off the scent, and where were all the other options that this new side is supposed to exhibit? Still one target, still one plan, despite all the incomers (foreign or not).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Dominant, lethal, immense", and I get accused of not watching the match!

At one stage we were at just under 40% possession, finished on 44%, and that with a midfield that is so much better than last season? We had one shot in 90 minutes on goal, and less than 2/3 of the shots in total of our opposition (which isn't saying much, given that they only mustered 15).

Wood has either had his head turned or (more optimistically if fantastical), is missing opportunities to put PL clubs off the scent, and where were all the other options that this new side is supposed to exhibit? Still one target, still one plan, despite all the incomers (foreign or not).
    Obviously didn't go to the match then fella.
    You seem to forget that Fulham are pretty much the same team that finished so high in this league last season - and a draw was a fair result. You don't allow any time for new players to establish themselves, you can't seem to believe that Wood simply missed a couple rather than had his head turned, We look to have more options this season than last despite your last paragraph, Our players seem to be playing to their more natural positions [Dallas and Roofe on the right as opposed to the left] and so far we are unbeaten - Oh - and that F*ucking liability of a keeper had a good game.

You should get onto the Eastleigh board - give them the benefit of your wisdom - let them know how sh ite they are etc [they got beat last night] - go upset a few of their fans and give us Leeds fans a break will ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Obviously didn't go to the match then fella.
    You seem to forget that Fulham are pretty much the same team that finished so high in this league last season - and a draw was a fair result. You don't allow any time for new players to establish themselves, you can't seem to believe that Wood simply missed a couple rather than had his head turned, We look to have more options this season than last despite your last paragraph, Our players seem to be playing to their more natural positions [Dallas and Roofe on the right as opposed to the left] and so far we are unbeaten - Oh - and that F*ucking liability of a keeper had a good game.

You should get onto the Eastleigh board - give them the benefit of your wisdom - let them know how sh ite they are etc [they got beat last night] - go upset a few of their fans and give us Leeds fans a break will ya!
    No I didn't go to the match, already confirmed that.

"A draw was a fair result"? We were lucky not to concede, as for Wiedwald having a "good game" from the video that ended up being available I dread to see what he's like on a bad day and under real pressure.

Sure, everyone is playing so much better, being "dominant" and "lethal", so much so that we have failed in 180 minutes of football at home and in front of huge crowds to find the back of the net more than once and that having been disallowed (oh I forget, we had a worse start last season. Don't give a rats arse about last season, it's f00king history and about as relevant as the comment about the Fulham side). 5 points from 9 available, where will that ratio get us?

I am pleased that we got a point against Fulham, I can't comment on the full match as I only saw about 20 mins towards the end of the first 1/2.

We were in desperate trouble at that point, Fulham were running through the midfield at will and we didn't seem to know how to put a tackle in. The only midfielder for us that seemed to be doing any of the hard graft was O'Kane, but he was winning the ball back around the 18 yard box and then 2 -3 passes later the ball was back with Fulham.

That 20 minutes I saw was alarming, I am glad the team grew into the game and feel we are fortunate Fulham didn't capitalize during that period.

Hopefully the team keeps learning and performances improve.

" 5 points from 9 available, where will that ratio get us? "

About 78 points? better than last season and a place in the playoffs on virtually any other season?
    What do you expect to be a reasonable points tally?

Oh...and we weren't the only team to be "Lucky" not to concede

And I don't give a rat's A*se about your opinions frankly

Oh...and we weren't the only team to be "Lucky" not to concede

And I don't give a rat's A*se about your opinions frankly
    Oh I'm so upset now!😣😣😣

" 5 points from 9 available, where will that ratio get us? "

About 78 points? better than last season and a place in the playoffs on virtually any other season?
    What do you expect to be a reasonable points tally?
    It's actually more like nearly 76, one point more than last season and still not enough to get us into the playoffs.

"Reasonable", WTF does that mean? Radrizzani has given Christiansen a target, promotion, which means at least 80 points to guarantee a playoff position and more like 90 to get automatic qualification. Nothing about reasonable, just necessary.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)