+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelvey

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I agree.
    I want to see a footballing no mark wreck his entire season.
    In Shelvey's favour, if it can be classed as one, (assuming he gets the chance to play on) is, he is left with no excuses so early in the season and can sit out matches that we can cope in without him, rather than having any huge games to worry about.

All games are huge but I mean the real big hitters.
    To be honest, in our position, our huge games are ones like the games we've got coming up-against teams like Huddersfield, West Ham, Swansea and stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    To be honest, in our position, our huge games are ones like the games we've got coming up-against teams like Huddersfield, West Ham, Swansea and stoke.
    In a way you're right, but what I'm saying is, on a par we have players to easily cope in the likes of Shelvey's absence.
    It sort of gives Merino and the likes the opportunity to stake a claim and actually up the quality ante, if you like.

In a way you're right, but what I'm saying is, on a par we have players to easily cope in the likes of Shelvey's absence.
    It sort of gives Merino and the likes the opportunity to stake a claim and actually up the quality ante, if you like.
    Aye, I'm looking forward to seeing Merino get a start. Means we might have to change our gameplan but maybe that's no bad thing. Gayle often gets isolated and building up play without being as direct as Shelvey often is means we might get more forward in support.

The big games for us are the next four and he is out for most of them. He is a liability and needs to be moved on he is a Championship player at best.

How many more chances do you want to give this guy and how the phuck Rafa could give that numpty the captains armband is beyond me.

So after one game we have lost Dumbar$e and out new centre back not good times ahead for us.

Aye, it was ****ing stupid and I was ripping the **** all day... But we all make mistakes, I'd rather let the lad get them out the way now against a side that finished 2nd(really wasn't impressed, I know that's rich) than start making them later on in the season.

End of the day, he ****ed up big time and cost us a positive start in my opinion but in the same way players should be more loyal towards their clubs, so should fans.

Most slating will be more than happy applauding if he ends up scoring important goals and in that I mean, he's a really good player in my eyes, he just needs direction and it's slowly coming so why let him go because of a daft action when he wants to play for us and is prepared to commit himself to the club?

I see a potential regular for his country (not that it means owt these days mind), I don't see a Championship player, I see a Champions league player tbh.

He'll make amends for his mistake if he's got owt about him now, if he doesn't then I'll agree but for now I'd like to support the lad to do the positive thing and help us win games, which tbf he's done more often than not this past year if people are gonna be straight.

FWIW I thought Delli was being a little ****, I don't condone Shelvey at all but there are mitigating circumstances for him being a ****er tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Agreed. I didn't expect anything against Spud but i do against the above teams so to lose him for those games isn't good. As ghost said the plus is that we can see Merino and he's looked decent in his cameos in pre-season.

What about James McCarthy?

He could replace Shelvey...?

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    What about James McCarthy?

He could replace Shelvey...?
    Shelvey is key to a lot of our strategy of hitting teams on the break. Someone like McCarthy (or Whilshere) would be decent alongside him-almost like protecting the quarterback.

I dont think Shelvey is that *****. McCarthy knows how to pass, and I think he gives more protection like you said.

If we build our team around Shelvey, we're going to be in deep shiit...

Merino will replace Shelvey, then Shelvey will have to fight for his place, that can only be a good thing for us.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)