+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shelvey

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    So where was I a liar. Is it because you couldn't justify lying about Eden Hazard's brother?
    I'm not interested plastic

Go through the threads
    I called you a liar and asked you to prove something you said I had done
    You have failed to do so
    And as is plain here you are dragging up old stuff just to create an argument
    Well I won't. It's
    As I say I was trying to debate yet again you pull up the old Eden HAZARD THREAD which has absolutely no relevance to this thread other than for you to cause an argument
    I hope the mods take notice

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Not quite Mick. I'd just like one honest answer.
    it never stops with one question though. please don't antagonize him.

Just goes to show though doesn't it..

Shelvey's getting absolutely slated (rightly to an extent) because his actions lead to a loss... Fair enough but then we talk about integrity, personality etc, lol aye.. but tbf he did it right in front of the ref, remember that.

Then Kane is having his bellend licked as usual by everyone and he scores again, which helped his team win... I think on the pitch he's a ****er albeit professional and competitive. He's applauded as usual...

But he did an absolutely ****e tackle(at best) on Lejuene, which caused his injury and he stayed on the pitch to score.. Did he mean to?(Lejuene looks good btw) or was it just a clumsy tackle by someone regarded as one of the best players in the country?

And fwiw all the journo's and people going over board with Tottenham- their 1st eleven being the best in the league? Well I didn't see **** tbh, they do have a really good team with skilled individuals but they're not that special and that's being straight up, they're well over-rated by many in my opinion, hence Walker to Tottenham for £50m haha yeah right.

Before the game I felt we could beat them and without 2 injuries and a sending off I think we would have got something.

Should of, would have and all the *******s but against a team that finished 2nd, we didn't do that bad considering that we had a fair few players under-performing in an offensive sense that allowed Tottenham to take hold of the game. I'm positive because I can see what we're trying to do and I thought Atsu did pretty well at times, one of our few creative bright sparks tbh.

Matt Ritchie is an unsung player I think, I reckon in any level of team he'd do a job, great team player.

Get a few more in before the window and we'll be set-up well for a good season.

Just hope he's allowed to get what he needs in otherwise it could affect our season in a **** load of different ways, which is gonna cause problems for Rafa and the team tbh.

We're not Chelsea but **** me Huddersfield owners thought we need to at least give the manager what he realistically wants/needs to stay up/compete. He trusts his manager enough to put his own finances at risk for the bigger picture. Rafa deserves that trust, enough for him to invest more money into it, knowing he ****ed up last time, this time give a top manager who knows the game/market the players he needs to push us onto that level... That's what I thought he would do last time but after finishing 5th he got too greedy for the short term gains without thinking of the bigger picture and that's because he didn't have trust in his manager to take us there, even though he gave him an 8 year contract??

Because he thought he'd at least get a top 10 finish.. He didn't (they did great finishing 5th)... The wheels fell off because Graham Carr couldn't deliver the stream of "Ajax esque" type signings to supply the team with what it needed and Pardew tbf on him wasn't good enough to consistently deliver results at the top level, although on his day I personally thought he was a good manager.

He wants us to be a successful self sufficient club, like top clubs on the continent, but they don't play in a competition that is as competitive for the Prem and they have all long established their youth academies and networks... Mike was playing catch-up keeping his money close to his pocket.

Now he's willing to admit that he's saying well actually I'm "not that rich" the lying fat *******

Can't fault him one bit though can you? I mean Benitez comes out and basically says fat Mike ain't giving me **** and he's had to address that with a why- he's not willing to, it's his own money and he doesn't want to risk it to compete.

He's not willing to put the extra investment there (yet/waiting for investor?), he wants Rafa to tweak his original blue print, but instead of putting age restrictions etc he's now given Benitez free roam to use his contacts and knowledge to pick up "bargains"...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer that this can work... But not on it's own. Not for the here and now and ultimately that's what we all want so it needs to be assisted with a few big signings, not only to show ambition, but to right wrongs and to show the manager and fans that we are a big club and we can also sustain ourselves long term as long as we're given a push..

Give him/club a loan for £50m to splash out on 2/3 players and let Rafa build what he really wants (at this point) so he can progress us onto that next stage.

If he can't do that he needs to step down, simple as that. He knows it.

Tbh though I'm not a big fan of foreign owners and turning the game to all about money, but ultimately that's what you want in order to compete.

I'm willing to wait myself. Pay for it the right way with ability, hard work and commitment. Leicester did it... for a season...

Flipsides and coins ay.

#Random rant
    #BillandPetemakeup
    #Theytexteachotherdaily
    #Shelveyplayeroftheyear
    #Ashleyyourarmsaretoosmall

And all that *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRock View Post
    Just goes to show though doesn't it..

Shelvey's getting absolutely slated (rightly to an extent) because his actions lead to a loss... Fair enough but then we talk about integrity, personality etc, lol aye.. but tbf he did it right in front of the ref, remember that.

Then Kane is having his bellend licked as usual by everyone and he scores again, which helped his team win... I think on the pitch he's a ****er albeit professional and competitive. He's applauded as usual...

But he did an absolutely ****e tackle(at best) on Lejuene, which caused his injury and he stayed on the pitch to score.. Did he mean to?(Lejuene looks good btw) or was it just a clumsy tackle by someone regarded as one of the best players in the country?

And fwiw all the journo's and people going over board with Tottenham- their 1st eleven being the best in the league? Well I didn't see **** tbh, they do have a really good team with skilled individuals but they're not that special and that's being straight up, they're well over-rated by many in my opinion, hence Walker to Tottenham for £50m haha yeah right.

Before the game I felt we could beat them and without 2 injuries and a sending off I think we would have got something.

Should of, would have and all the *******s but against a team that finished 2nd, we didn't do that bad considering that we had a fair few players under-performing in an offensive sense that allowed Tottenham to take hold of the game. I'm positive because I can see what we're trying to do and I thought Atsu did pretty well at times, one of our few creative bright sparks tbh.

Matt Ritchie is an unsung player I think, I reckon in any level of team he'd do a job, great team player.

Get a few more in before the window and we'll be set-up well for a good season.

Just hope he's allowed to get what he needs in otherwise it could affect our season in a **** load of different ways, which is gonna cause problems for Rafa and the team tbh.

We're not Chelsea but **** me Huddersfield owners thought we need to at least give the manager what he realistically wants/needs to stay up/compete. He trusts his manager enough to put his own finances at risk for the bigger picture. Rafa deserves that trust, enough for him to invest more money into it, knowing he ****ed up last time, this time give a top manager who knows the game/market the players he needs to push us onto that level... That's what I thought he would do last time but after finishing 5th he got too greedy for the short term gains without thinking of the bigger picture and that's because he didn't have trust in his manager to take us there, even though he gave him an 8 year contract??

Because he thought he'd at least get a top 10 finish.. He didn't (they did great finishing 5th)... The wheels fell off because Graham Carr couldn't deliver the stream of "Ajax esque" type signings to supply the team with what it needed and Pardew tbf on him wasn't good enough to consistently deliver results at the top level, although on his day I personally thought he was a good manager.

He wants us to be a successful self sufficient club, like top clubs on the continent, but they don't play in a competition that is as competitive for the Prem and they have all long established their youth academies and networks... Mike was playing catch-up keeping his money close to his pocket.

Now he's willing to admit that he's saying well actually I'm "not that rich" the lying fat *******

Can't fault him one bit though can you? I mean Benitez comes out and basically says fat Mike ain't giving me **** and he's had to address that with a why- he's not willing to, it's his own money and he doesn't want to risk it to compete.

He's not willing to put the extra investment there (yet/waiting for investor?), he wants Rafa to tweak his original blue print, but instead of putting age restrictions etc he's now given Benitez free roam to use his contacts and knowledge to pick up "bargains"...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer that this can work... But not on it's own. Not for the here and now and ultimately that's what we all want so it needs to be assisted with a few big signings, not only to show ambition, but to right wrongs and to show the manager and fans that we are a big club and we can also sustain ourselves long term as long as we're given a push..

Give him/club a loan for £50m to splash out on 2/3 players and let Rafa build what he really wants (at this point) so he can progress us onto that next stage.

If he can't do that he needs to step down, simple as that. He knows it.

Tbh though I'm not a big fan of foreign owners and turning the game to all about money, but ultimately that's what you want in order to compete.

I'm willing to wait myself. Pay for it the right way with ability, hard work and commitment. Leicester did it... for a season...

Flipsides and coins ay.

#Random rant
    #BillandPetemakeup
    #Theytexteachotherdaily
    #Shelveyplayeroftheyear
    #Ashleyyourarmsaretoosmall

And all that *******s.
    Kane didn't score.

Quote Originally Posted by Davearmy View Post
    Kane didn't score.
    You get the point

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    Half the clueless cocks on here were telling me how he was a few games from England
    Funny how fickle so many of you are after one tackle

Typical
    i've been thinking and thinking

and reckon you must be getting mixed up, cos i can't think of anyone declaring him being a sure fire england player.

i think at most its been said that if he knuckles down and keeps on improving - that he has a good chance of becoming an england player.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)