+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positives from today...

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMag View Post
    Not many to shout about.The reality is it is going to be a hard season. Goodbye to the Fizzy and welcome to the real world.
    Mitch, man-this is the positives thread!

Andy and Jammy put plenty of positives up.
    I'd say that there was a hell of a lot to be optimistic about because we actually looked a much better drilled side compared to past premier set up's.

I've seen enough to give me a gee up and seeing as this is the positive thread I'll leave it at that.l

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Mitch, man-this is the positives thread!

Just being realistic.

Rafa's game plan was working PERFECTLY up until Shelvey turned into a Knob head and got himself sent off we were defending really well and spurs weren't giving us any trouble at all and were forced into long shots. As for Lejeune his injury was a massive blow because he is so good! Kane couldn't do feck all against him (that's why he snapped him) Yes Kane should of seen red 100% as like Rafa said that tackle was far more dangerous than Shelveys stamp.

As for the game i think IF Lejeune hadn't of gotten injured and Shelvey didn't get sent off i think we could of took a 1-0 win in that game Atsu was a nightmare for them.

Atsu was superb and up to his injury Lejeune looked a class act, Mbemba slotted in well and defended well, we were to lightweight in attack though Perez and Gayle arnt the answer. Not much else sadly but things will only get better starting with 3 points next sunday.

Ok. You guys really need to help me out. Why is everyone saying that Manquillo did well? Both Spurs goals went in on his man that he didn't track. Up until the first goal, the defense looked very well organized but I still have to say that it was Manquillo at fault for both goals, so no, he didn't look good.

Positives: Gayle looked up to full fitness. Atsu was a beast. The other defenders looked solid. We looked decent with Merino and Hayden in the middle. Dummett got injured. We may be forced to buy a few players now. Spurs are also a quality side so it's hard to feel bad about losing, especially on 10 men.

Quote Originally Posted by smorgan86 View Post
    Ok. You guys really need to help me out. Why is everyone saying that Manquillo did well? Both Spurs goals went in on his man that he didn't track. Up until the first goal, the defense looked very well organized but I still have to say that it was Manquillo at fault for both goals, so no, he didn't look good.

Positives: Gayle looked up to full fitness. Atsu was a beast. The other defenders looked solid. We looked decent with Merino and Hayden in the middle. Dummett got injured. We may be forced to buy a few players now. Spurs are also a quality side so it's hard to feel bad about losing, especially on 10 men.
    Manquillo had a very good game. Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Manquillo had a very good game. Very good.
    Compared to Jonjo....

The game was only 90 minutes

Shelvey proved me right he can't play under pressure
    We don't need a new keeper

Dummet isn't the worse defender in the league

Rafa hopefully will learn you won't get results with Gayle up front

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)