+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashley FULL interview

Ashley FULL interview

On Sky,fascinating,admits all his mistakes,says football is not regulated like business,more like Wild West.I tried to build Newcastle up from the bottom by improving the academy but the massive TV money keeps shifting the goalposts,I had an eight year plan but now I have to start again from the beginning.
    Full half hour,says sorry to Keegan and other managers like Hughton and Allerdyce.
    Charnley answers to Rafa when it comes to players in or out not the other way round but Rafa can only get money that is generated by the club not from me,my wealth is in shares not in the bank.
    I would like an academy like Southamptons.
    My ambition for this season is make the Prem priority but if we are comfortable in mid table then we can go for a cup.
    How much money can I give Rafa just now? not enough for what he wants,the club needs to generate more money.

it isn't an interview! it's a staged arse licking session. he answers no difficult questions and he just goes to fuel the media's delight that us deluded geordies all expect CL Football.

Well he needs to find some money for a new striker before the window shuts or we will be in trouble.

possible another playmaker and defender too

i wasnt falling for that shlt. The man hasnt learned anything, he says the right things in front of the camera hoping to get some sympathy but its all for show.
    he wants rid of this club but only at a price he wants, he thought he could make a few quid quickly whwn he bought us, his lack of due dilligence shows it.
    I think Rafa will be off at the end of the season unless he gets some significant investment.
    Its quite alarming that our defenders we ended the game with have all been relegated from this league

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    i wasnt falling for that shlt. The man hasnt learned anything, he says the right things in front of the camera hoping to get some sympathy but its all for show.
    he wants rid of this club but only at a price he wants, he thought he could make a few quid quickly whwn he bought us, his lack of due dilligence shows it.
    I think Rafa will be off at the end of the season unless he gets some significant investment.
    Its quite alarming that our defenders we ended the game with have all been relegated from this league
    He said he wants more Andy carrols..... I thought aye so u could f*cking sell them for £35+million!!!!

So he's told Rafa what the club's cup policy is. I thought Rafa was meant to be in charge.

The man is a compulsive liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    So he's told Rafa what the club's cup policy is. I thought Rafa was meant to be in charge.

The man is a compulsive liar.
    I'd love to know exactly how much he has really put into the club, and how much he has took out of it. Free sports direct advertising is worth about 10m a season which he gets for free and the amount of times I've seen this club make profit for the last 5-6 years he is making a fortune

I read his net spend has been about 4 million per season since he bought the club. Not sure how accurate that is though. His relegations have cost the club tens of millions.
    Last edited by Kal; 13-08-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    I read his net spend has been about 4 million per season since he bought the club. Not sure how accurate that is though.
    How much did he buy the club and how much debt did he pay?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)