+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our strongest team

Our strongest team

Playing 4 4 2 I'd say the team that started on Saturday is the strongest we have.
    Maybe Quinn coming in but only being signed to January suggests a back up role.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Playing 4 4 2 I'd say the team that started on Saturday is the strongest we have.
    Maybe Quinn coming in but only being signed to January suggests a back up role.
    Not so sure that yesterdays team will be the strongest team long term. As for Quinn, i am happy he has signed but i dont see Durnan being dropped just now. I expect when Scobbie is back that he will be in at LB.

What pleases me though is that there is a number of players who can come in and do a job should the first pick take an injury or need a rest, something we really should do this season.

It's more to do with the strength of the squad that's important.
    The season's barely started and we've lost Keatings, N'Koyi & now Scobbie to injury and then McMullan to suspension.
    Then Murdoch, Flood & Fraser started the season not 100%.
    Ray McKinnon mentioned an 18-man squad but I make it 21 or 22 which we may need at that level of not having everyone available for selection.

I think when everyone is fit, we are 2 players short of cover for every position, although there are players who can be moved to cover.

1st choice.
    Lewis
    Murdoch, Durnan, Edge, Scobbie
    McMullan, Fyvie, Stanton, King,
    Keatings, McDonald.

2nd choice,
    Deniz
    Toshney, Quinn, Scobbie, Robson
    Chalmers, Briels, Allardice, Fraser
    N'Koyi, Smith

I cant remember managing to do that last season with the squad which is certainly an upgrade.

And i cant believe i managed to keep Flood out of that!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)