+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Offside

The Offside

Only thing i can see is Jack O's right foot.
    Name:  Middlesbrough_v_Blades_-_match_action_-_YouTube_-_2017-08-13_17.56.29.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  19.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Only thing i can see is Jack O's right foot.
    Name:  Middlesbrough_v_Blades_-_match_action_-_YouTube_-_2017-08-13_17.56.29.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  19.9 KB
    He was on and anyway he didn't touch the ball. The defender headed it in

This is the picture that supposedly shows he may have been offlside but it's obviously a fraction later. Look at Leon Clarke how he's moved closer to the defender and note they don't show Duffy taking it in the second. Why anybody wluld want to do that I don't know but as Gagey says, if we're going to have a Pig assessing us, why not go the whole hog and use Smeggy.

Name:  IMG_0175.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  89.5 KB

This was the other offside that linemans gave, not even close to offside, you've got to ask questions about him, hopefully the assessors will.

Name:  IMG_0176.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  70.2 KB

Its Magic's right foot that was seen in an offside position.

A pic on S2 in video review thread,second pic in thread shows it,it is very hard to see,but Magic's boot can just be seen about (knee) height on the first Boro defender,does not matter who headed the ball into the net,if Magic was deemed interfereing with play he would be given offside.

As much as i hate saying it the wan-ker lino did get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Its Magic's right foot that was seen in an offside position.

A pic on S2 in video review thread,second pic in thread shows it,it is very hard to see,but Magic's boot can just be seen about (knee) height on the first Boro defender,does not matter who headed the ball into the net,if Magic was deemed interfereing with play he would be given offside.

As much as i hate saying it the wan-ker lino did get it right.
    I've seen it mate, I disagree, it was in line at best. No way could that Lino have seen that and given a team the benefit of any doubt which they're supposed to do unless they're sure like every ex pro viewing it has said...bar the ex Pig.

Strange match report by 'Jason Mellor at the Riverside' in the Sunday Telegraph says 'Celebrations in front of 2,000 travelling fans were curtailed by the touch-and-go ruling against Chris Basham, rounding off a forgettable evening for the Blades defender who was at fault for the contest's only goal.'

How odd?

I've done a bit of digging about the Lino.

Name:  IMG_0177.JPG
Views: 800
Size:  71.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post

Excellent Gray! Where there's blame there's a claim!

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post

Brilliant Gray. I have to say tho the disallowed goal was a close call,and it makes even more bafflin why the best sport on the planet doesn't have video replays.UTCB

All that money wasted on goal line technology (and no body asked the fans). Rather have disallowed goals reveiwed....but not by Sky as they can't link two shots together that actually show the free kick in sinc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast