+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Jon Stead fit?

Is Jon Stead fit?

I thought he looked well off the pace yesterday, footwork looked below his usual standard and didn't look confident with his one on one with the goalie either, he then blamed his missed chance on a foul to try and cover it up.

I'd give Forte a run out to try and get a partnership going with Shola at the minute. That is until Nolan pulls a striker out of the bag before the end of the transfer window!

Quote Originally Posted by stu_pie View Post
    I thought he looked well off the pace yesterday, footwork looked below his usual standard and didn't look confident with his one on one with the goalie either, he then blamed his missed chance on a foul to try and cover it up.

I'd give Forte a run out to try and get a partnership going with Shola at the minute. That is until Nolan pulls a striker out of the bag before the end of the transfer window!
    Something’s not right. It’s now 1 goal in his last 13 league games and 5 in his last 28.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Something’s not right. It’s now 1 goal in his last 13 league games and 5 in his last 28.
    He did look well off the pace yesterday, time for Forte to be given a run.

Did anyone notice Nolan and Stead have a few words when he was subbed?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    He did look well off the pace yesterday, time for Forte to be given a run.

Did anyone notice Nolan and Stead have a few words when he was subbed?
    Yeah, didn't look too friendly but Nolan definitely made the right choice in taking him off.

I think he had a point in blaming that one on one miss on the foul, he only seemed to actually kick the ball because he was pushed, should have been a penalty in my opinion. He also should have shot way before it got to that point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I think he had a point in blaming that one on one miss on the foul, he only seemed to actually kick the ball because he was pushed, should have been a penalty in my opinion. He also should have shot way before it got to that point though.
    Agree with that, my view at the time was that he got a shove from behind just as he was about to shoot which caused him to scuff the shot and allow the keeper to push it round the post. If that view is correct it should have been a penalty and a red card. I would like to see it again on any highlights to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Agree with that, my view at the time was that he got a shove from behind just as he was about to shoot which caused him to scuff the shot and allow the keeper to push it round the post. If that view is correct it should have been a penalty and a red card. I would like to see it again on any highlights to confirm.
    Deffo a push. @1min 11sec:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alNwZALJjUU

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Thanks for that gumpy, how did an old fart like me call it better than the ref when I was sat on row R of the Pavis near the halfway line and he was only a few yards away?

Stead was fouled, looking at the reply, but the guy only had the time to foul him because he was so slow getting the ball under control and out of his feet. He's been really poor the opening two games - would like to think that Forte will be coming in to start at Wycombe.

A quicker striker than Stead and Evatt (who is hardly quick) gets nowhere near him

BTW Nolan very quickly put Stead in his place and told him to sit down...

Wouldn't have been a straight red any more, they changed it because you're not denying a goal scoring opportunity if you then have a penalty so it would have only been a yellow but Evatt was already booked so...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast