+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Jon Stead fit?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Correct decision, the ref must have taken leave of his senses to see that as a red card offence. You would feel sorry for Chesterfield if the useless tw@t hadn't waved yellow at Ugwu when it was a clear red a few minutes earlier.

Am I the only one that see's Wiseman pull Hawkridge back? Not sure how it could be seen as anything other than a red unless it's because he wasn't going to get the ball before the keeper caught it? There's absolutely enough contact there for Hawkridge to go down, watch Wiseman's hands as Hawkridge goes in front of him. There was opportunities for 3 other red cards in the game so they should consider themselves unbelievably lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Am I the only one that see's Wiseman pull Hawkridge back? Not sure how it could be seen as anything other than a red unless it's because he wasn't going to get the ball before the keeper caught it? There's absolutely enough contact there for Hawkridge to go down, watch Wiseman's hands as Hawkridge goes in front of him. There was opportunities for 3 other red cards in the game so they should consider themselves unbelievably lucky.

Blatant red card, just like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It changes nothing really, does it? It no longer affects Notts, but if you say the ref's decision there was wrong you could also say his decision not to send off Ogwu and Evatt was wrong and that would have left Chesterfield with nine men and not ten (and possibly a penalty goal against). I wonder what their manager would say if those two players were given retrothingy red cards and were now suspended for three games each.

It was nowhere near a red. Hawkridge was never going to get the ball so no clear goal scoring opportunity was prevented.

They should have had two others though.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    It changes nothing really, does it? It no longer affects Notts, but if you say the ref's decision there was wrong you could also say his decision not to send off Ogwu and Evatt was wrong and that would have left Chesterfield with nine men and not ten (and possibly a penalty goal against). I wonder what their manager would say if those two players were given retrothingy red cards and were now suspended for three games each.
    Yep, luckily the ref had little influence on the outcome & red or yellow cards for the opposition will have little influence on us,but this decision just proves that the ref was as good as we suspected,crap, I suppose for the player in question it matters but in the great scheme of things we will see many of these wrong decisions given both for us & against us over the season, in fairness to the ref players are not helping.

I thought the ref had a good game, mind I did leave my glasses in Sorrento...and yes I've been to Specsavers for a new pair

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    I thought the ref had a good game, mind I did leave my glasses in Sorrento...and yes I've been to Specsavers for a new pair
    Apart from missing 2 blatant reds,Ogwu & Evatt a clear penalty & wrongly sending off Wiseman I thought the ref played a blinder & was definitely the best we have seen in a home league game this season!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123