+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting weekend

Interesting weekend

With Villa thankfully no longer being shown over here, I ended up watching 5 games this weekend. Starting with Leicester at Arsenal and Liverpool at Watford I got to see 13 goals in two games. Then it notched up to 18 in 3 as Burnley shocked Chelsea. Chelsea became the first team to lose its first home game in defence of a title since Villa lost at home to Notts County. Chelsea actually reminded me of Villa, especially Fabregas whose sarcastic applause of the ref after Cahill's sending off was so reminiscent of petulant Villa players of late. Their failure to tighten up in the face of only having 10 men was Villa for sure and its defending of free kicks and corners was as poor as we have been in recent years. Liverpool and Arsenal also looked dreadful on corners btw they must be all spending their money on attackers.

Next I tuned in to see if Amavi would play for Marseille. Unfortunately for him Patrice Evra still runs like a kid at 36 so Amavi was stuck to the pine. Opponents were Veretouts former team Nantes. Managed by Claudio Ranieri. They lost 3 players to injury in the first 24 minutes using all their subs. The physio had to attend to 2 more players by the end, one was wrapped up like a mummy for the final 15 minutes.

Finally I saw Spurs at Newcastle. I lost the first 20 minutes due to the weather affecting the satellite, but the game came to life in the second half anyway. Imagine my surprise to see Spurs had replaced Kyle Walker with Kyle Walker-Peters. That was crazy. But not as crazy as Jonjo Shelvey acting like a 12 yr old bully stamping on Dele right in front of the ref. Newcastle might have pinched a point but for his stupidity. Liverpool's former boss Brendan Rodgers rated him so highly, but knew he wouldn't grow up and rightly let him go. One of the reasons I don't rate him, but Newcastle made him a captain. That's idiotic.
    Last edited by stateside; 13-08-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Well sorry you've enjoyed at the expense of villa not being on (well I think lol) but glad you've enjoyed it mate.

Been some right good football in this pl opener and long may it continue..

Gotta say personally Man U have really stood out for me and reckon there the ones to beat !

Unfortunately they do look unstoppable.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)