+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reserved Ticket Holders

Reserved Ticket Holders

Reserved Ticket Holders

Dundee FC should consider only selling three-match packages for £50 instead of single match tickets to potentially 5,000 non-season ticket holders for all home matches.

Take your pick of any 3 games. Great birthday or Christmas pressie too.

An additional 100,000 tickets @ £14 + Vat each . . value £1,400,000 per season

Much less work and easier to administer and could fill all available seats with fans who just cannot afford a season ticket due to family commitments, unemployment and summer holidays etc.

The ‘Reserved Ticket’ holders should also be added in the club’s customer base with an account number to gain points for Cup match tickets and other club offers.
    Last edited by deetox; 13-08-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Hearts will be taking up my suggestion for their three 'home' matches at Murrayfield against Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Rangers for £50 quid.

Hearts hope to attract 100,000 to these three games. It will be announced this week.

It's pretty obvious when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by deetox View Post
    Reserved Ticket Holders

Dundee FC should consider only selling three-match packages for £50 instead of single match tickets to potentially 5,000 non-season ticket holders for all home matches.

Much less work and easier to administer and could fill all available seats with fans who just cannot afford a season ticket due to family commitments, unemployment and summer holidays etc.

The ‘Reserved Ticket’ holders should also be added in the club’s customer base with an account number to gain points for Cup match tickets and other club offers.
    It's a good idea for Hearts, while they have the extra capacity, to sell three match tickets although I reckon that's as much to do with the added cost of renting. I reckon as a permanent offer it wouldn't be wise for a club like Dundee to do this though. If fans went down this route instead of getting season tickets we'd likely be in trouble. Dundee needs season ticket cash up front not spread over the season. Add to that the fickleness of the average football fan and as soon as a bad spell is hit income falls away.

Was it really your idea to do the 3 match tickets for Hearts?

Reserved Ticket Holders

Not looking for argument but can you explain numbers to me? I see 5000 x 3 games = 15,000 tickets not 100,000 tickets?

Also let's say it's any three games how can you stop it being only the ones that would sell out like Celtic or rangers? Could cost a lot of money in missed sales if that happens?

If you also consider 3000 of them might go to games anyway or why bother buying packages the real enterprise value at top end is 2000 x 50 quid = 100k.

As I said not looking an argument just clarity as just don't see it

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Was it really your idea to do the 3 match tickets for Hearts?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    Not looking for argument but can you explain numbers to me? I see 5000 x 3 games = 15,000 tickets not 100,000 tickets?

Also let's say it's any three games how can you stop it being only the ones that would sell out like Celtic or rangers? Could cost a lot of money in missed sales if that happens?

If you also consider 3000 of them might go to games anyway or why bother buying packages the real enterprise value at top end is 2000 x 50 quid = 100k.

As I said not looking an argument just clarity as just don't see it
    Hearts have 15,000 season ticket holders and their s/tickets will be valid for the three Murrayfield games.

The target is to attract an additional 15,000 non-season ticket holders to the three games with a special 3 game offer of £50.
    (It may be £60 with a free 2018 calendar)

This will boost the Hearts total attendances to 30,000 at each game (90,000) and also generate an extra £750,000 gate receipts.

Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Rangers away fans will bring the total 3 match attendances to over 100,000.
    Last edited by deetox; 14-08-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Dundee FC have about 3,000 season ticket holders . . . plus a latent fan base of another 12,000 who attend the odd match.

This is mainly due to the cost of a season ticket for some. To attract these missing fans the club should offer a 'Reserved' 3-match ticket for £50.

Super birthday gift for a 'latent' fan from his grannie.

If the 'Reserved Ticket' offer can attract an additional 3,300 per match x 3 = !0,000 @ £14+VAT = £140,000 extra.

Seven 'Reserved Ticket' package deals and 21 matches over the season would be 7 x £140k additional income = £980,000

Dundee FC have about 3,000 season ticket holders . . . plus a latent fan base of another 12,000 who attend the odd match.

This is mainly due to the cost of a season ticket for some. To attract these missing fans the club should offer a 'Reserved' 3-match ticket for £50.

Super birthday gift for a 'latent' fan from his grannie.

If the 'Reserved Ticket' offer can attract an additional 3,300 per match x 3 = !0,000 @ £14+VAT = £140,000 extra.

Seven 'Reserved Ticket' package deals and 21 matches over the season would be 7 x £140k additional income = £980,000
    Its a good idea for hearts and will appeal with the temporary decant to the egg chasers home.

Wouldn't work at Dundee imho, your 3300 is way over what it wud attract, reckon less than four figure sales and wud have a knock on effect on season tic sales next season.

As I say though good idea for hearts under unique circumstances, wud probably appeal at spurs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Wouldn't work at Dundee . . . your 3300 is way over what it wud attract, reckon less than four figure sales and wud have a knock on effect on season tic sales next season.
    I am surprised that it would only appeal to less than 10% of missing Dundee fans.

It would not affect sales of 3,000 season tickets next season. It may encourage them to get back into the habit of returning to Dens regularly.

TRUE STORY
    A few years ago, the local chippie in Peebles changed ownership and was completely refurbished. I suggested a Christmas promo to the new owner . . to offer 3 x £6 fish suppers for the price of two to get customers back.

A thousand Christmas cards of the shop were printed with 3 vouchers for £12. They were all sold within a week.

That was the most unusual gift you could send . . a fish supper from Jim Jack's Chippie in Peebles.

I sent to two mates in Fife and Edinburgh. They came and loved it. The chippie sold over 3,000 fish suppers and had to take on new staff.

And they have never looked back. Voted the best chippie in Scotland a couple of years ago

I am surprised that it would only appeal to less than 10% of missing Dundee fans.

It would not affect sales of 3,000 season tickets next season. It may encourage them to get back into the habit of returning to Dens regularly.

TRUE STORY
    A few years ago, the local chippie in Peebles changed ownership and was completely refurbished. I suggested a Christmas promo to the new owner . . to offer 3 x £6 fish suppers for the price of two to get customers back.

A thousand Christmas cards of the shop were printed with 3 vouchers for £12. They were all sold within a week.

That was the most unusual gift you could send . . a fish supper from Jim Jack's Chippie in Peebles.

I sent to two mates in Fife and Edinburgh. They came and loved it. The chippie sold over 3,000 fish suppers and had to take on new staff.

And they have never looked back. Voted the best chippie in Scotland a couple of years ago
    As I say its a decent idea but wrong size of club.

Hearts is the perfect size to try it.

I reckon you cud allow people into Dens for a quid and we wud get 7000 home fans at the hibs game, not extra, but 7000 home fans including season tic holders.

Once you get below hearts hibs and aberdeen level their just isn't this huge amount of people ready to come back to football.

Also your figures of 3300, probably 1500-2000 wud have been coming to the game anyway so its only 1300-1800 new fans based on your figures.

I have a season ticket, if I cud get away with buying my tickets in batches of 3 and roughly keep the same seat I probably would and i think many others would think along those lines.

I wud defo have no adult concessions for upcoming Celtic quarter final and charge £17 or £18 across the board.

Wud probably have zero effect on away support and roughly same take but I think it wud increase the home support and increase the take.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)