+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: V Man CityU23 in Checkatrade

AVG gate for the first round last season was 1462. The year before when it was Johnson paint trophy was 1824. Ok a drop of 20% but it wasn't exactly pulling up roses as the JPT.

Players like stokes Charlie Adams and Leicester Benalouane’s played in the first round last year.

Btw. Anyone like to guess attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Btw. Anyone like to guess attendance?
    I already did

btw 1300 sold tickets according to FB poster

1612 which won't cover the cost of opening NYS.
    Having a 7pm kick off doesnt help either.

AVG gate for the first round last season was 1462. The year before when it was Johnson paint trophy was 1824. Ok a drop of 20% but it wasn't exactly pulling up roses as the JPT.

Players like stokes Charlie Adams and Leicester Benalouane’s played in the first round last year.
    Exactly! An utterly pointless competition.

Don't get this. Are we millers or what. If you were like me thinking about start of the new season since old one ended. If you can get there go. If you think it's a pointless competition or you don't like prem's kids in it. Have you got sky, do you agree with players getting more in one week than a lot won't earn in a lifetime. I'm backing the club, TS as much as I can by attending all home games.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    I am going i support the club not the trophy . Wonder how many will turn up at Wembley if we make it ?
    Spot on pal. Probably all those on here who think it's rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Exactly! An utterly pointless competition.
    Isn't all football pointless?
    Your argument of a pointless competition is pointless

You go to football to be entertained. Not because it's a so called Mickey mouse cup.

Isn't all football pointless?
    Your argument of a pointless competition is pointless

You go to football to be entertained. Not because it's a so called Mickey mouse cup.
    Hasn't it always been called Mickey Mouse cup? Didn't bother me with the old format but I'm against the new league which they are trying to fetch in and this is why they are doing the b teams.

I can't make my mind up if it's brought the format in to help the big clubs. To try and save a dying cup or to help the lower teams
    Making the top clubs play away from home has to be a positive for the lower league teams. Whilst the top clubs get game time into there youngsters.
    Does it make a mockery of a cup competition or does it make the playing field more level ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast