+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlton Intrest in JCH

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Go on then, convince me.
    Make a case for why JCH should be in the squad when he averages less than 1 goal every 6 games and has scored a massive total of 9 in all the time he has been with us.
    There are much, much better League 1 strikers out there and we have money to spend, or I hope we do.
    im not trying to convince anyone why he should be in the squad, I don't know if he's good enough to be in the squad but how can he convince Warney that he can do the job if he doesn't even put him on bench.

ATM up front are doing a good job for now but like Saturday they could have got JCH on from bench (if he was there) to try and prove himself.
    Imo Fleetwood was a game for JCH but again he wasn't given that chance.

When he has been on (wasn't much a I agree) he looked alright

Another thing is I don't get why people are saying he hasn't got the desire to train or improve whatever, before they even started pre- season JCH was out and about doing runs and going to the gym

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    im not trying to convince anyone why he should be in the squad, I don't know if he's good enough to be in the squad but how can he convince Warney that he can do the job if he doesn't even put him on bench.

ATM up front are doing a good job for now but like Saturday they could have got JCH on from bench (if he was there) to try and prove himself.
    Imo Fleetwood was a game for JCH but again he wasn't given that chance.

When he has been on (wasn't much a I agree) he looked alright

Another thing is I don't get why people are saying he hasn't got the desire to train or improve whatever, before they even started pre- season JCH was out and about doing runs and going to the gym
    I can recall at least one manager saying he didn't work hard enough to improve his game. I've said on a few occasions that he hasn't improved since the day we signed him.
    It's all about opinions but I find him incredibly frustrating because he could and should be so much better by now.
    A change of club may do him good and if he drops down to League 2 he may get more game time.

He came on vs Lincoln, was put through on goal, hit the ball very hard and sliced his shot well wide of the target.
    The most disappointing thing about him is that he was offered a new deal.
    Waste of a squad number, waste of TS's grandchildren's inheritance.

Look at what the alternatives were....Keiffer Moore and Jamie Proctor. Light years ahead

I'd like to see what happens if/when goals dry up by strikers on this board

Derbyshire got abused aswell but he actually got abused from dick heads at the games.

Funny old game

I think it's one of those cases where, for whatever reason, it's just not working between him and the team's managers. It's the prolonged injury break, his attitude, the lack of a relationship with the coaching squad. All of the above. I seriously doubt that Warne isn't playing him just because he's not his kind of player or he only favours those who do well in training; if Warne thought he could make a contribution in the team set-up he has in mind, he would use him.

There is every chance he will go on and do well elsewhere: different set-up; different approach; no baggage.

I know it was a different set of circumstances , but think when Alan Lee came to us. He certainly hadn't been pulling up trees previously. These things happen

Still haunted by the ghost of another would be young forward - Tom Pope - think that's why letting him go concerns me...

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Still haunted by the ghost of another would be young forward - Tom Pope - think that's why letting him go concerns me...
    Although in Popey's case, other than scoring loads against us, he soon fizzled out at Port Vale

Black smoke decision on Pope for me, he was a player who had the desire but only for Port Vale

According to lastest rumour mill Mansfield is inquireing about one of our strikers

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    He came on vs Lincoln, was put through on goal, hit the ball very hard and sliced his shot well wide of the target.
    The most disappointing thing about him is that he was offered a new deal.
    Waste of a squad number, waste of TS's grandchildren's inheritance.

Look at what the alternatives were....Keiffer Moore and Jamie Proctor. Light years ahead
    One of the most ridiculous posts I've had this misfortune to read on here. Do you know anything more than me about JCH. Could be a top lad I don't know. Not been given the chance by Warney. Agree Proctor & Moore are doing enough to keep Johno out of the side. Anything can happen to them. Then we haven't got a big striker to bring on. Will be a good signing for anyone at this level. Warney will know selling him could backfire. Given the games to get fit JCH could be anything.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast