+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Edge

The Edge

The Edge has been an absolute liability for months now. He is the only real weakness I see in us for winning the league this year.

He is shocking in aerial duals, distribution is poor and doesn't even seem to organise the back 4. I would stick Quinn in for him straight away.

Prefer Durnan to edge, he is more dangerous in opposition box and even though not the best, still better than Edge.

Rest of the team looking good, we need commanding centre halves in this league, not ones that get bullied and cannot win a header.

Absolute howler against Dundee and looked shaky again on Sat . Hopefully just a dip in form , Not ready to write him off totally yet but would like to see Quinn in there with Durnan

I like him and think he's one of our most unappreciated players. I really don't understand why folk are so critical of him.

We were speaking about this on Saturday. It was noticeable in the Derby that Haber was always looking to play off Edge and rarely Durnan. And he was a bit iffy on Saturday as well. I suspect strongly that he is the one under pressure now from Quinn rather than Durnan.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I like him and think he's one of our most unappreciated players. I really don't understand why folk are so critical of him.
    With Coll Donaldson away Terry we're needing his replacement.
    Get ready to be sh1te William.
    We always need someone to play donkey, here we go....

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    With Coll Donaldson away Terry we're needing his replacement.
    Get ready to be sh1te William.
    We always need someone to play donkey, here we go....
    Nonsense, anyone who sat and watched him in play offs and start if this season cannot say he is playing well. Quinn and Scobbie at the club now so drop him and see what they are made of at centre half.

Donaldson was shocking and a donkey, albeit the sarcasm/boos from fans etc was a disgrace.

I honestly don't think he's playing badly.

I like him but hes not started well this season, was a stand out last season and what we really needed, pivotal in our good run last year with zero goals conceded.

Hopefully he can play out his bad form just now

Nor do I think he was necessarily a 'stand out' last season either but over his season & a bit at Tannadice I think he's been at the very least competent and definitely undropable. And the longer he & Durnan play alongside each other the more it'll help each other.
    Quinn's a good signing tho cos there are going to be injuries & suspensions & he can play at right back too.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I like him also and agree one of our most unappreciated. Thing he has to watch out for though is the holding of opposing players, as the tv media delighted in highlighting last season in the play offs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)