+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlton U23 v Barnsley U23

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Good run out for McGeehan , another two weeks should see him contesting for a shirt me thinks .

Needs to improve a bit so I'm told

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Needs to improve a bit so I'm told
    He'd fit right into the squad right now then :-) :-)

Find it annoying that our own young lads don't get a chance. The road to the first team gets ever more blocked for the likes of Brown , Kay etc . Hecky doesn't seem to trust many to step up.

So Brown was on target in both of the wins away at Wolves & Charlton, he must be 'knocking at the door' now for a chance up front.
    How much is our Academy costing us, because as you say Esr the lack of players stepping up from there into the first team isn't good.

A lot of faith is being put in Lindsay & McGeehan doing well for us in the first team when they get over their injuries, but I reckon we're going to have to be extremely patient here with most of them because its going to take time. And what concerns me, is thats time we don't exactly have if we want to stay up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Find it annoying that our own young lads don't get a chance. The road to the first team gets ever more blocked for the likes of Brown , Kay etc . Hecky doesn't seem to trust many to step up.
    Correct

Correction.... it was Mottley Henry who scored the second

According to the Charlton website, it was Jacob Brown. But whoever it was a good victory for the young Reds. Good to see Brown playing well, and Motley-Henry back after a long injury. The trialist who scored was Victor Adeboyejo.
    Looking forward to seeing the U23s at home on Friday against Colchester, KO 2pm.
    I agree about our young players not getting a chance with the first team. When Kay played that one game he did Ok. Bird has been on the bench, but it must be frustrating for the lads when the see that we have signed 3 19 year olds on loan

Question here is who is passing info on to the HC ? We keep hearing Hassell , sometimes Devaney saying how good they are , but very few given a chance , i find that strange , I'm sure Nozzer and a few more of us who watch the under 23s ! All know we have players who could be slowly worked into the first team squad , we have better players in our under 23s than some we are signing ? Who's making that decision ? It needs looking at quick ,

Anybody has to be better than Brad Potts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Anybody has to be better than Brad Potts.
    And Alex Mowatt as well eh Ponty.
    Roma, don't you make the effort to go and watch the U23s & U21s as well. So your a good one to ask here, just how good is Jacob Brown or rather, how good can he be if we give him the right chances in the first team ?.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast