+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joselu

I'll bet anybody that Joselu scores more than Jesse...

I remember when he joined Stoke and I thought he'd do well... He ended up doing ****.

I really think his technique alone makes him worth the gamble for that money though.

Get 2-3 more in and I'll be sound.

In Rafa we trust
    I don't think under Carr and charnley we ever had as many disappointing or underwhelming signings in one window

Just hope the Spanish contingent show more spirit than the frogs

At least he has some kind of experience in this league

He has seen all the top teams from the bench

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRock View Post

I remember when he joined Stoke and I thought he'd do well... He ended up doing ****.

I really think his technique alone makes him worth the gamble for that money though.

Hope you're right mate. Like I said, I know nothing about him. It's frustrating that other clubs seem to be able to manoeuvre in the transfer market without the trouble we do, which is why I mentioned Jese. I know as little about him, but it'll be interesting to see how they stack up.

Don't think we are in any position to gamble

Aren't we? Any bargain buy has its stipulations- a highly technical player goes for 5m because he cant score/get a game... I personally feel that 45M for gylfie is more of a gamble tbh..

Andy I agree, we always seem to struggle to get players over the line and I'd have to put that down to Charnley I really think a foreign technical director similar to Baldini would negotiate much easier with Rafas targets tbh.

Aren't we? Any bargain buy has its stipulations- a highly technical player goes for 5m because he cant score/get a game... I personally feel that 45M for gylfie is more of a gamble tbh..

Andy I agree, we always seem to struggle to get players over the line and I'd have to put that down to Charnley I really think a foreign technical director similar to Baldini would negotiate much easier with Rafas targets tbh.
    Agree totally,transfer fees are just numbers.You cant tell me that this guys got nine times less skill and ability than Gylfie

I think Ashley's interview on Sky was a fairly obvious and deliberate attempt to put the responsibility of transfers firmly at Rafa's feet (and away from Charnley's). All of this has the distinct whiff of the Keegan affair. I really hope I'm wrong, and that Rafa gets the quality players in we desperately need.

Couple of my work mates are Hannover 96 supporters. They think he is a good player. Can shoot with both feet, is good in the air and is full of running. They were surprised that 96 let him go to Stoke for such a modest price too.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    In Rafa we trust
    I don't think under Carr and charnley we ever had as many disappointing or underwhelming signings in one window

Just hope the Spanish contingent show more spirit than the frogs

At least he has some kind of experience in this league

He has seen all the top teams from the bench
    haha don't you remcall the underwhelming windows when we got no ****ers in at all - or the one when we got anita ... and ..... no ****er

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Exile_De View Post
    Couple of my work mates are Hannover 96 supporters. They think he is a good player. Can shoot with both feet, is good in the air and is full of running. They were surprised that 96 let him go to Stoke for such a modest price too.
    So three times better than Mitro or four times if you want to be picky,that would put his value at £45 mill or £60 mill.
    Im happy to give the lad a chance and my full support,why wouldnt we?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)