+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Joselu

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    haha don't you remcall the underwhelming windows when we got no ****ers in at all - or the one when we got anita ... and ..... no ****er

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Exile_De View Post
    Couple of my work mates are Hannover 96 supporters. They think he is a good player. Can shoot with both feet, is good in the air and is full of running. They were surprised that 96 let him go to Stoke for such a modest price too.
    Good to hear, few Stoke fans i know didn't really want to lose him either. Thought Hughes should of given him more of a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    haha don't you remcall the underwhelming windows when we got no ****ers in at all - or the one when we got anita ... And ..... No ****er
    i would have ben happy with one good signing this window than the ones we have

at best other teams squad players/bench warmers

i just hope rafa knows he is gambling with our club on people who havent exactly shown fight or set the teams alight they have played for

Lejeune and Merino look lime very good signings.

I'm not writing any of them off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i would have ben happy with one good signing this window than the ones we have

at best other teams squad players/bench warmers

i just hope rafa knows he is gambling with our club on people who havent exactly shown fight or set the teams alight they have played for
    Lejuene played a full season in Spain last Season.Murphy was a first teamer at Norwich,Aatsu is improving rapidly.Merino could prove to be our best DM. The first two mentioned were not bench warmers at their previous clubs,far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Lejuene played a full season in Spain last Season.Murphy was a first teamer at Norwich,Aatsu is improving rapidly.Merino could prove to be our best DM. The first two mentioned were not bench warmers at their previous clubs,far from it.
    which is why I said squad players

we spent a fortune on murphy , iwould have gone for townsend

flaoran has struggled in second tier teams isn't proloific scoring in fact if you looked at his record you wouldn't buy him ,I'm just hoping Rafa knows something we don't

aatsu I like but again he to me isn't a top rated payer in the prem and is a gamble ,blows hot and cold average prem player at best

all of them are big gambles

the lad from scumberland doesn't fill me with much hope

gain the fans seem to love josawho but we loved Sammy and shammy ,didn't make them any good .

average prem player at best
    Which is the level we're aiming at as a newly promoted club.

which is why I said squad players

we spent a fortune on murphy , iwould have gone for townsend

flaoran has struggled in second tier teams isn't proloific scoring in fact if you looked at his record you wouldn't buy him ,I'm just hoping Rafa knows something we don't

aatsu I like but again he to me isn't a top rated payer in the prem and is a gamble ,blows hot and cold average prem player at best

all of them are big gambles

the lad from scumberland doesn't fill me with much hope

gain the fans seem to love josawho but we loved Sammy and shammy ,didn't make them any good .
    But you can also buy an experienced quality player and it may not work out. I reckon Bony would be a good buy but even he didn't score in his first seven matches for Stoke. If that happened to us this season we could be in big trouble early doors

I agree that I'd like to see one established signing but happy with players that actually want to join the club and that Rafa thinks are decent enough and not all about money

I reckon the Leicester fans were a bit miffed with some of their signings too?

Danny Simpson
    Robert Huth
    Wes Morgan
    Mahrez
    Kante
    Vardy.

you can't write anybody off.

support your team on the pitch, not your Xbox or YouTube favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Which is the level we're aiming at as a newly promoted club.
    yes but the others aren't
    joselho 2nd tier player in the lower Spanish leagues
    murphy average player in champo
    lad from scunderland average in team struggled in prem

all those are massive gambles

lad from stoke lets face it none of us have heard of him and if we had ac hoice of 30 players each none of us would have put him on our lists despite what our mates from stoke or hanover had said .I bet in the cold light of day they cant believe anyone came in for him

rafas was a good manager ,he is relying on negative footy to keep us up and he is doing it with players I wouldn't want in my trench ,if my back was up against a wall I would want 3 good men over 9 average ones

[QUOTE=pboromag;38624352]yes but the others aren't
    joselho 2nd tier player in the lower Spanish leagues
    murphy average player in champo
    lad from scunderland average in team struggled in prem

all those are massive gambles

lad from stoke lets face it none of us have heard of him and if we had ac hoice of 30 players each none of us would have put him on our lists despite what our mates from stoke or hanover had said .I bet in the cold light of day they cant believe anyone came in for him

rafas was a good manager ,he is relying on negative footy to keep us up and he is doing it with players I wouldn't want in my trench ,if my back was up against a wall I would want 3 good men over 9 average ones[/QUOTE

On what knowledge are you saying Murphy is average? Because you've never heard of him? Because they don't make your team when you're playing FIFA?

Didn't realise you had your own scouting network. Just because you may not have heard of them doesn't make them average

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)