+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Speeding

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I guess at first I was one of those that thought speed camera vans etc were just a money spinner. But now the amount of people that speed excessively is really noticeable, I'm talking people doing 40/50/60 plus in 30's. I was on the embankment today and the speed some were going at in what is a 20 was unbelievable. Never thought I'd say this but perhaps more average speed cameras maybe better?
    Grrrrr... people don't come in 'amounts', Keldsyke, they come in 'numbers'. Whilst you may think this is a small pedantic point, I believe it's indicative of a mentality that lumps people together and puts up two fingers to their individuality. We don't want the politicians to treat us all as an 'amount' , do we now?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Grrrrr... people don't come in 'amounts', Keldsyke, they come in 'numbers'. Whilst you may think this is a small pedantic point, I believe it's indicative of a mentality that lumps people together and puts up two fingers to their individuality. We don't want the politicians to treat us all as an 'amount' , do we now?
    So you come on here and ruin another thread with grammar ****e. Unfortunately my Profanisaurus sez different. Get a life, and contribute something worthwhile.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 14-08-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I guess at first I was one of those that thought speed camera vans etc were just a money spinner. But now the amount of people that speed excessively is really noticeable, I'm talking people doing 40/50/60 plus in 30's. I was on the embankment today and the speed some were going at in what is a 20 was unbelievable. Never thought I'd say this but perhaps more average speed cameras maybe better?
    These people that were speeding well over the designated limit, how many of them actually had an accident , caused an accident or were involved in any way, shape or form in an accident ?
    I have a sneaky feeling not one person speeding in that area caused or even looked like causing an accident.
    Let people drive to the conditions and I think drivers will monitor there own safe limits as required.
    Possibly even boy racers included !
    Last edited by PedroTheFisherman66; 15-08-2017 at 12:41 AM.

The board stoops even lower, of all the stupid posts on this board that must be the most stupid ever.

I'm guessing you don't know a family that's been affected by losing a family member through someone speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    These people that were speeding well over the designated limit, how many of them actually had an accident , caused an accident or were involved in any way, shape or form in an accident ?
    I have a sneaky feeling not one person speeding in that area caused or even looked like causing an accident.
    Let people drive to the conditions and I think drivers will monitor there own safe limits as required.
    Possibly even boy racers included !
    I suppose your one of those who think using a mobile phone whilst driving is acceptable .

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I suppose your one of those who think using a mobile phone whilst driving is acceptable .
    I don't think drink driving or driving whilst on the phone is acceptable as they are hindering their ability to drive, however I do believe people are quite capable of driving a car at 30,40,50,60,70 ,80 mph etc. without having an accident if they drive to correctly to the conditions and their environment.
    I don't think for example a person doing 80mph on a motorway that is clear of traffic and sunny is a danger to anyone !

I don't think drink driving or driving whilst on the phone is acceptable as they are hindering their ability to drive, however I do believe people are quite capable of driving a car at 30,40,50,60,70 ,80 mph etc. without having an accident if they drive to correctly to the conditions and their environment.
    I don't think for example a person doing 80mph on a motorway that is clear of traffic and sunny is a danger to anyone !
    Good luck trying to police that !

So you're changing your story from your original ridiculous post?

Whether they believe they can drive safely over the speed limit or not, it doesn't alter the fact that if a kid runs out infront of them their stopping distance is greatly increased. Also everyone thinks they're an amazing driver and every road incident they're involved in is "someone else's fault" so yes they may think they can drive well over the speed limit when infact they're a danger to everyone around them.

Your post is one a clown may write.

I don't like engaging in personnel insults Pedro but this along with your first post is rather silly . I probably have read earlier posts ( but cant be bothered to trawl through this site to look ) from you and would really hope this is a one off .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast