+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Speeding

O/T Speeding

I guess at first I was one of those that thought speed camera vans etc were just a money spinner. But now the amount of people that speed excessively is really noticeable, I'm talking people doing 40/50/60 plus in 30's. I was on the embankment today and the speed some were going at in what is a 20 was unbelievable. Never thought I'd say this but perhaps more average speed cameras maybe better?

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I guess at first I was one of those that thought speed camera vans etc were just a money spinner. But now the amount of people that speed excessively is really noticeable, I'm talking people doing 40/50/60 plus in 30's. I was on the embankment today and the speed some were going at in what is a 20 was unbelievable. Never thought I'd say this but perhaps more average speed cameras maybe better?
    I live in Moorgreen on the B600, its 30mph. The assholes that drive past are doing loads more than this. However, my MP Anna Souberry is sorting it out. So it will be a F1 speed track.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    However, my MP Anna Souberry is sorting it out. So it will be a F1 speed track.
    Are you moaning about the woman you voted in?

Her name is Anna Soubry by the way.

I would agree that speeding is a problem.
    I have observed, many motor cycles lately without even number plates on.
    I would also comment, on how much the police pump resources into speed vans, yet cannot be bothered to come to your house when burgled.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Are you moaning about the woman you voted in?

Her name is Anna Soubry by the way.
    I prefer my spelling, however, I suppose she is miles better than that Marxist loving Venezuela loving imbecile Steptoe.

Each to their own duck.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I prefer my spelling, however, I suppose she is miles better than that Marxist loving Venezuela loving imbecile Steptoe.

Each to their own duck.
    I drive through Moorgreen Monday to Friday. The roads are absolute ****e
    Soubry needs sacking

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I drive through Moorgreen Monday to Friday. The roads are absolute ****e
    Soubry needs sacking
    Unfortunately there is no evidence that the punishment ( monetary fines in most cases) does not stop repeat offences of speeding. I got done on the weekend as it goes doing 60 KM/H in a 50 zone that I thought was a 60 zone. I was speeding and I got done. Will it stop me again? Probably not as I actually thought I was in a 60 zone. It was an accident everyone does it now and again I just got caught by the revenue raisers. So there is no other way you can look at a lot of it other than revenue raising I am afraid. If the absolute intent is to slow people down and stop speeding / accidents by fining people it doesn't work. When I lived in Notts and they had the first cameras coming in off the M1 I spent so much time looking up at the cameras and checking my speed I nearly had accidents as I wasn't concentrating on the bloody road. Pay the chavs less dole and stop hitting people with money you pricks!

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I must admit that when I clicked on this thread I thought you were going to be whinging about being caught speeding.

I agree with you. I live on a road designated a 20mph area, I can understand people mistaking the miniscule 20mph signs for 50mph. I don't know whether the speeding has worsened since the 20mph limit was brought in, but it seems like it. I'd prefer to see proper traffic calming measures installed, but of course that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Unfortunately there is no evidence that the punishment ( monetary fines in most cases) does not stop repeat offences of speeding. I got done on the weekend as it goes doing 60 KM/H in a 50 zone that I thought was a 60 zone. I was speeding and I got done. Will it stop me again? Probably not as I actually thought I was in a 60 zone. It was an accident everyone does it now and again I just got caught by the revenue raisers. So there is no other way you can look at a lot of it other than revenue raising I am afraid. If the absolute intent is to slow people down and stop speeding / accidents by fining people it doesn't work. When I lived in Notts and they had the first cameras coming in off the M1 I spent so much time looking up at the cameras and checking my speed I nearly had accidents as I wasn't concentrating on the bloody road. Pay the chavs less dole and stop hitting people with money you pricks!
    I think you're missing my point, we all creep over, I've been on a speed awareness course and have 3 points as well. But there's an element that just ignore the signs and drive excessively driving knowing that they are doing possibly 20mph+ the limit. I never thought I'd say it but with the less police on the roads average speed cameras maybe the answer.

Speeding in residential areas is a problem, as is just not knowing the rules of the road.

I do wonder whether part of the problem with speeding is a lack of respect for the limit itself. In my view 70mph is far too low on motorways, where 90mph would be reasonable. The trouble with 70 being so obviously low is that other, more pertinent, limits (20 or 30 in residential areas) are routinely ignored in the same way.

And don't get me started on mothers' (and some fathers) parking during the school run. Okay, clamping would leave the car dangerously parked but it wouldn't be dangerous tomorrow. Or the day after. (Or after that if they crushed it.)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast